Game: Guess The Breed

MaryK

Honored Member
Congratulations to the winners!!!!!!!!! Hey '6' you pinched my guess - but I'm late - been sick due to drinking tap water:sick:

Honored Member
Haha, I'll think of a different breed then. And I'll make sure to save it under a different name :LOL: .
It was a schipperke. I think they are a really cool little breed. The next time I get a small dog (the next dog I get will be medium, but will probably get more smalls some time in the future) might be a schipperke (there are a few other potential breeds though, it is definitely in the top 5).

MaryK

Honored Member
Haha, I'll think of a different breed then. And I'll make sure to save it under a different name :LOL: .
It was a schipperke. I think they are a really cool little breed. The next time I get a small dog (the next dog I get will be medium, but will probably get more smalls some time in the future) might be a schipperke (there are a few other potential breeds though, it is definitely in the top 5).
They're great dogs! Little dogs with Big Dog attitudes! Love the photo too, really shows off the Schipperke!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
I think they are cracking little dogs, they look like they have so much spark! Good choice to have in your top 5!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Here it is:
The nose of another breed that I rather like :D
I don't think this looks a small dog... might be wrong...! Looks a bit houndish... Rough coated? Red coated? Reminds me of Karmel - Dogcrazy's dog, but I don't think it is. I think we are looking for a medium sized houndlike dog but not sure what... :confused:

running_dog

Honored Member
All Yorkshire terriers I see have black noses - I think it is because they are basically black and tan not the brown/liver that I think this nose colour is associated with... not sure about that though.

My first thought was otterhound but then I remembered that the dogs I think otterhound for always turn out to be something else :rolleyes: so I'm opting for a wirehaired vizsla.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
All Yorkshire terriers I see have black noses - I think it is because they are basically black and tan not the brown/liver that I think this nose colour is associated with... not sure about that though.

My first thought was otterhound but then I remembered that the dogs I think otterhound for always turn out to be something else :rolleyes: so I'm opting for a wirehaired vizsla.
Vizsla!!! That is a very good guess... I didn't think of a wirehaired vizsla!

Honored Member
You guys got that one way faster than I thought!

It is a ..... wirehaired vizsla :D

I'm a bit partial to scruffy dogs (like Holly, her face has sooo much character). I haven't met a wirehaired vizsla yet but I have met a couple of the smooth variety (they are becoming very popular here). They definitely need work but they seem like great dogs. Another breed I might consider for my next dog if I want a real challenge. Being a working breed they should be good at sport, although the weim that I know is perhaps a little too big for agility and is definitely a challenge in obedience, very different to the herding breeds that most have.

Your turn running_dog.

MaryK

Honored Member
Congratulations Running Dog!

"6" Working dogs are fine, just so long as you give them plenty of 'work', both physical and mental. And the way you work with Holly & Co. you'd be a grand companion for a working breed!(y):D