Freestyler & List Newbie Stuck On Paw To Nose

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
(I do this to teach head movements) and after that remove the tape other than that I have no tips (haven't taught this one yet either).
Mutt, could you please explain a little more or show how you taught look left?- I saw that in your trick list but did not catch it in your videos and also Iam pretty much at a loss how to get him to do it. My husband really wants our dogs to look to the side when we say "squirrel?"

We are coming along with cover the eyes ourselves but not really quickly!

k9 crazed

Experienced Member
Thanks! Sorry all did not mean to hijack the thread.

Everyone probably already knows this but I did find it made a world of difference where I put the tape. He goes right at if it tickles whiskers.

fickla

Experienced Member
One last thought, I started having much greater success with getting duration on this trick when I started giving the treat at my dog's elbows. That way he had to have his nose to his leg in order to eat and i was able to get in rapid fire click/treats for maintaining contact, even though it wasn't the final position I was looking for and clicking for when I wasn't doing the pez dispenser training.

Emily Marston

Maybe you could gradually reduce the size of the sticky note, until there is almost nothing on there. You could also add a cue, so he understands that "cue" means to put his paw over his nose.
I had the same problem with my cocker spaniel, but the reducing size thing really helped.