Found A Puppy

MaryK

Honored Member
It's a shame you may not be able to keep her. It is darned hard to find rental places with one dog, let alone two, that's the only reason I stay where I am at present, I can have my two dogs and cats with me.

Sounds like Missy and the new lass are already Besties:D That's brilliant Missy allowed her to 'walk' her - LOL oh the oldies do get a bit grumpy with the babies, have to show them their place!

southerngirl

Honored Member
It's a shame you may not be able to keep her. It is darned hard to find rental places with one dog, let alone two, that's the only reason I stay where I am at present, I can have my two dogs and cats with me.

Sounds like Missy and the new lass are already Besties:D That's brilliant Missy allowed her to 'walk' her - LOL oh the oldies do get a bit grumpy with the babies, have to show them their place!
She really is the perfect dog for me, lots of energy, sweet, and she's a bit of a velcro dog. Yes, she is already following me everywhere, and she's only been her for almost three days now. She would be a great running partner.

southerngirl

Honored Member
What breed of Pit Bull has the rose ears that she does? I think she has pit bull in her. What breeds do you guys think she has? I was thinking she was going to be bigger than Chase, but after comparing their feet I think she'll end up being just a bit bigger than Missy maybe 45 pounds. I'll post a picture of her feet.

Me and my mom think that the owner might have intentionally "Lost her" or he/she just doesn't care to get her back because I've checked tons of classifieds, facebook pages, lost pet websites every single day and no sign of her. If you were missing your dog wouldn't you have her all over the internet, I sure would.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay so I'm thinking she is a Pit Bull/American Bulldog Mix. I looked at alot of pictures of these mixes and she looks like them. One thing though is I don't know where her tail comes from, it looks like a rat tail, because of how skinny it is.
P.S we might keep her. I think this because when my dad was playing with her my mom quietly said to me her name is Bella with a smile on her face. I laughed because I've been calling her Bella, she just looks like a Bella. My mom keeps saying I love her. And my dad actually seems to like her(maybe that's pushing it, he's tolerating her) So maybe she will be a family dog. Of course we will continue to try our best to find her owners.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I don't know about two different bull dogs in there. She is so lean and leggy, I would be very surprised if she was pit bull/ american bull dog, they are both so stocky.

That's great your dad was actually playing with "Bella". Does he ever play with Chase or Missy? There's just something about a puppy that softens hearts, I think.

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's great your dad was actually playing with "Bella". Does he ever play with Chase or Missy? There's just something about a puppy that softens hearts, I think.
He's always yelling at Chase, because Chase is always under foot and growling. Sometimes he will pet Missy, but he gets really annoyed of her because of how vocal she is. So no he really does not play with Missy and Chase. I think it's because the pup is not vocal, isn't always in the way like Chase and she has that irresistible face. When he saw her trotting/prancing he said "Now that is a real dog"

MaryK

Honored Member
She really is the perfect dog for me, lots of energy, sweet, and she's a bit of a velcro dog. Yes, she is already following me everywhere, and she's only been her for almost three days now. She would be a great running partner.
Sounds like she's meant to be your dog. I'd be keeping her, I firmly believe if something is meant to be, then everything else falls into place, including finding rental places, did for me!

She sounds just adorable, I think you may break her little heart if she went elsewhere. It's love Southerngirl, on both sides:love::love:

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I think that because of these pictures of the same mix.

What do you think about Pit bull/Boxer. Boxer girls are lean and leggy.
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/b/bullboxerpit.htm
Yeah, I think the boxer/pit mix is closer. Do you have any idea how old she is? It's hard to compare puppies of different ages, they all look pretty much the same at first, then their skeletons start to change and they lose all that puppy fat. The teeth are usually a good place to start to figure out age.

MaryK

Honored Member
Just had a look at Leaf's teeth to compare, she's five months, almost six months old. Your new baby could be a tad younger, but around that six months age. Watch out, she'll come on heat very soon!

She's adorable and definitely YOUR new baby:love:

southerngirl

Honored Member
Just had a look at Leaf's teeth to compare, she's five months, almost six months old. Your new baby could be a tad younger, but around that six months age. Watch out, she'll come on heat very soon!

She's adorable and definitely YOUR new baby:love:

Yes, she will. If my parents allow her to stay I will start looking for somewhere for her to get fixed. Thanks to her being part Pitbull I might be able to get her fixed for free. If not I'll take her to where Missy got fixed which was $80, it included spay, rabies, and nail trim. Just my luck I'm going to clean at a daycare center and will be getting paid for that so hopefully I'll have enough money with my money and my pay.

Lol. Only if my parents allow her to stay. It's looking like a yes, because my mom really really likes her. BUT they can still say she has to go.:(

MaryK

Honored Member
That's grand, if you can get her fixed for free, stress the Pit Bull:D Glad you've got some money coming in of your own, does help with the parentals, they cannot use 'money' as a reason not to keep her!

Sounds like they cover quite a bit in the States. We don't have the rabies shots, unless the dogs going over seas, but we pay $350.00 just for the de-sexing, never mind anything else!

Last resort if she does come into heat before being de-sexed (it can happen with all the best laid plans) immediately get the 'doggy contraceptive pill' - it works but doesn't keep the wanna be suitors away though - wish they'd find one that did!

That's grand your Mom's taken to her! Stay positive, keep working with her, she's your girl!(y):D

I'll send some positive thoughts your way too!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay so after working on training with this puppy I really wonder Why on Earth her owners are not going crazy looking for her(as in putting her picture everywhere they can to find her). I've seriously posted everywhere I can think of about her and I check all the lost dog listings and no one is looking for her. Why because she knows Sit, Lie down, Stay, and here. Either she is super smart or they trained her. It took her a few minutes to learn Lie down, stay and here. Her "Here" is awesome she comes barling at me when I say it. Also I trust her off leash in my Unfenced yard, she has not tried leaving the yard and if she gets close to my invisible boundary (the area I don't want the dogs to go past) I say "stop, eh, don't" in a sharp voice she just sharply turns back into the play area and continues to play.

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's grand, if you can get her fixed for free, stress the Pit Bull:D Glad you've got some money coming in of your own, does help with the parentals, they cannot use 'money' as a reason not to keep her!

Sounds like they cover quite a bit in the States. We don't have the rabies shots, unless the dogs going over seas, but we pay $350.00 just for the de-sexing, never mind anything else!

Last resort if she does come into heat before being de-sexed (it can happen with all the best laid plans) immediately get the 'doggy contraceptive pill' - it works but doesn't keep the wanna be suitors away though - wish they'd find one that did!

That's grand your Mom's taken to her! Stay positive, keep working with her, she's your girl!(y):D

I'll send some positive thoughts your way too!

I don't Have to get dogs rabies shot where I live, but if she doesn't have rabies shot and attacks or gets attacked or bites someone a dog would have to be quarantined at a pound or vet. And wow $35 for desexing! $80 is low cost desexing here normal price is in the $100s.

I have never heard of "doggy contraceptive pill". I always tried keeping Missy away from Chase, obviously it didn't work that well because she got pregnant by him twice. I will have to look that up, thank you.

One thing though is I see Pit Bull in her and didn't say anything to my mom about it and my mom said every time she see's her she see's a Pit. She keeps saying she's American Bulldog to me and showing me pictures trying to convince herself she doesn't have pit. She knows they can be great dogs, but says they have aggression issues. So I'm going to do some reasearch and show her that they are awesome dogs.

My dad hasn't asked about if anyone has called about her or told me not to get attached today so that's a good sign.

MaryK

Honored Member
I see Pittie. Check out Ra Kismet's FaceBook page, there's a lot of good stuff about Pitties, I'm on a personal mission to help people understand they're brilliant dogs. Also, that strain of bull fighting has actually now been bred out of the dogs, so any 'aggression' is the part of stupid (I'm being polite here) handlers.

Actually $350.00 is cheap here, Leaf was done through the rescue organization and they get discounts. Wish it were just $100.00 here too!

That's awesome that you dad's keeping quiet about not getting attached. You're winning Danielle, he's come around, and knows you're the right handler for her!:D(y):cool:

Have you given her a name yet?

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm going with American Bulldog/Pit/Boxer. AB because I've had a lot of people say she looks like one and her white coat with Brindle is a very common AB coat. Pit because I can just see it in her face, she reminds me of petey from the little rascals. Finally Boxer because of how lean and leggy she is, my freinds boxer has the same body type as her.

I think my mom is really concerned about dog aggression, because we've dealt with it before and it was horrible. We would have blood all over the floor the dogs and ourselves. Chase and Domino would really go at it. While breaking up a fight she got hurt pretty badly. So I understand where she is coming from.

I'm looking for a name. My mom really wants to name her Bella, but I like more creative names or uncommon. Here is my list. I have to pick names that my mom will also approve of. If you or anyone else have ideas that would be great. To help out her nickname is "Wild Child"

Bella
Ella
Rowan
Ellie
Piper
Paris
Dixie
Mocha
Roo
Kimber
Saphy (Saffy)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I like Piper and Dixie, cute, but not over-used, at least not in my circles. We have a cat Bella and a dog Bella in our neighborhood, actually right next door and 2 doors down. My next door neighbor named their new puppy Cinder, and the neighbor who adopted the puppy I found named her Ginger.