Found A Puppy

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Were you looking for a puppy, or did you just find it somewhere? She looks kind of like the one I found in our park the other day, body wise, but her coloring is very different. This one had a mask like a german shepherd or husky. I can see the pit bull in there for sure!

southerngirl

Honored Member
I found her. I'm thinking she might be mixed because I see some breeds in her such as pit but she doesn't look full pit to me but I may be wrong.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
So - yeah - were you looking for a puppy and 'find' her that way? Or did you 'find' her like Brody's mom did?? And yeah, I'm thinking Amer Bulldog in there - altho hard to know the age, etc... She sure is cute!!! Details, details!!! You're holding out on us!!!! :confused::LOL:

southerngirl

Honored Member
So she was running around my cousins yard. His mom HATES big dogs though she's not big right now so he brought her here. She is in my house right now but will be staying outside because my dad won't let her in(my dad is outside right now.) Chase isn't allowed with her because he keeps trying to hump her. Missy is allowed with her because she is fine with her exept Missy is a Very Jealous girl.
Like I said before she is super sweet and lots and lots of energy. She doesn't seem to tire. I'm not sure what will do if it ends up she was abandoned. The big problem is is that she isn't fixed so Chase won't leave her alone.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I agree she has that pit bull look about her, especially the coloring, but her skull seems narrow compared to her muzzle. That's a lot like the one I found. I first thought Great Dane but the paws just weren't big enough.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Okay so I took her up to the SPCA that is up the road and she is Not chipped. They agreed with me thinking she is a American bulldog mix. Also there was a great dane mix up there that looked like her so maybe she has great dane hin her. I'm don't think pit bull because of her skull after looking at several pictures and she is very lean athletic looking. I will be posting sign, but I will not put her picture on them to ensure that she is not reclaimed by the wrong person.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Yes, I really hope someone does. She is a really sweet girl and my mom really can't afford another dog. The SPCA was nice enough to give us puppy food. And if no one claims her we might look for a good loving home for her or maybe she'll end up staying with us.

MaryK

Honored Member
So lovely of you to rescue her!:love: I too am thinking American Bulldog X. She sure looks sweet. You're doing all the right things and if you do get a response 'grill' the person very hard and if they appear to be the right person, watch her reaction when they come around. If they're genuine, and she's in a happy home normally, she'll be over joyed to see them.

I agree, don't post pictures, too many unscrupulous people around. That's what our trainer at puppy school suggests, leash them to you, so they don't pee or chew in inappropriate spots!

You're a great trainer and dog lover Southerngirl!:D:love:

southerngirl

Honored Member
So lovely of you to rescue her!:love: I too am thinking American Bulldog X. She sure looks sweet. You're doing all the right things and if you do get a response 'grill' the person very hard and if they appear to be the right person, watch her reaction when they come around. If they're genuine, and she's in a happy home normally, she'll be over joyed to see them.

I agree, don't post pictures, too many unscrupulous people around. That's what our trainer at puppy school suggests, leash them to you, so they don't pee or chew in inappropriate spots!

You're a great trainer and dog lover Southerngirl!:D:love:
Trust me whoever says she is their dog will be asked a bunch of questions about what she looks like, what type of collar, and what her personality is. I love this dog and will not let her go to just anyone.

And Thank you!!

southerngirl

Honored Member
So this morning when I took Missy and the pup on a walk the puppy decided I should not be walking Missy, but she should. Missy was a very sweet girl and tolerated the pup deciding where she should go, but most of the time she didn't pull Missy around, she just walked with the leash in her mouth. I wasn't holding the leash and Missy didn't try taking off or going to far ahead, if I asked her to stop she did. I'm proud of her for putting up with the pup, though she has snapped at her, but I don't blame her puppy was getting to crazy(jumping all over Missy)

southerngirl

Honored Member
Sounds like this could be a lovely friendship. Have you had any replies to your posters?
Yes, I could see the two of them being Besties if she could stay with me. The puppy loves Missy so much. I'll post pictures of the two of them later and a video.

No, the calls I had about 5 have not been her owners:( I've posted all over facebook, craigslist, streets, pound and a ton of other places. Throughout the day I check my email and check websites for lost dogs.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
Yes, I could see the two of them being Besties if she could stay with me. The puppy loves Missy so much. I'll post pictures of the two of them later and a video.

No, the calls I had about 5 have not been her owners:( I've posted all over facebook, craigslist, streets, pound and a ton of other places. Throughout the day I check my email and check websites for lost dogs.
Are you going to be able to keep her? I know you've talked about moving out with Missy, but it can be hard to find a place to live with 2 dogs.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Are you going to be able to keep her? I know you've talked about moving out with Missy, but it can be hard to find a place to live with 2 dogs.
Probably not because I don't see me being able to find a place with two dogs especially because she's probably going to be 50-60 pounds and she is too much dog for my parents and siblings. I'll be really really picky about finding her a new home if it comes to that.