Easy Button

huntyr

wowow I love everyones videos. Our house is so small its hard to get a video besides having to do it alone makes it tricky too lol...
Soon as he understands the "scary" words are what I want him to do, I will attempt the video tho...
Winter is coming fast, so will be more trick time *S*

MaryK

Honored Member
MaryK the easy button is an advertising tool from a chain store called Staples. Maybe you can find one online.
I have an easy button and Huntyr learned real fast to put his paw on it. But it takes a little pressure to "push" it. I cant use the cue word push cuz he associated that with "pushing a ball forward". I want him to step on it, not use his nose.
So far he touches it just fine, how can I get him to apply pressure??
any ideas??
Thank you. No wonder no-one here had heard of itO_o:D Will look on online, as although the trick is finished, would be a good training tool. Just hope the shipping costs will be within a realistic cost range. It's so expensive here to get things from over seas:eek:

Sorry cannot help with the pressure on the button part, as I've not used it:( Just a thought, would he allow you to help him push it? Just placing your hand over his paw and giving it a push? Or would it be too much pressure?

Mutt

Experienced Member
First learning him to put both his front paws on an object (a box for example) and after that asking for that with the easy button, might be an idea. This way he uses his (full) weight to put pressure. You then can change this to just one paw. Mazzel uses (a bit of) pressure naturally but with boef I would teach it this way (I don't own a easy button), you can see their differenr approch very clearly in my video.

Mutt

Experienced Member
First learning him to put both his front paws on an object (a box for example) and after that asking for that with the easy button, might be an idea. This way he uses his (full) weight to put pressure. You then can change this to just one paw. Mazzel uses (a bit of) pressure naturally but with boef I would teach it this way (I don't own a easy button), you can see their differenr approch very clearly in my video.
Woops I just saw that you guys already pulled it off, great job!

huntyr

hi everyone.
I just came to report I now have an "easy button" addict on my hands.
LOL
The easy button cannot be anywhere he can see it, or he will be pushing it.
I am now waiting to hear my parrot to start saying "that was easy" lololol
Thanks for suggesting this. I love it when the light bulb goes off and he learns
something so well!

MaryK

Honored Member
Does anyone know where to find an easy button in Australia? I've been looking everywhere and can't find anything!! :( There's a Costco not too far from my house, would I find any easy buttons there?
I haven't found one yet but Costco may have them. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in Adelaide at present, no Costco or anything like that here:( . Let me know if they have them.