Easy Button

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks!!!:D
It's okay, Ra Kismet doesn't have to use his nose; I think it's better if he does a paw target for this training challenge.:)

For nose targets, I hid treats in my hand for Shivon to touch it. Maybe that'll work???:)
Thank you Dogster, will be able to do the vid tomorrow using his pawYEAH!!!!!!!:D

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yes that should work, hiding a treat in my hand, LOL he'll target that's for sure it's FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D(y) LOL I'll have a 'water boarded' hand, he's a dribbler of the first order but hey if he targets that's fine by me!

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
OK...Veronica's video is coming.

I have to say; I think I made it harder for her than it needed to be...I'm very anal, I can't help myself; so she didn't just have to paw the button; she had to make the "That was easy" recording go off. :D

Future reference, in fairness to her, I also need to find a surface where the button doesn't slide so easily.

SD&B

Experienced Member
What a coincidence! I found an easy button a few days ago in my house and decided to teach Barney and Sundog to "Take it easy". They both got it fairly quickly. Barney is very enthusiastic and will paw it to death or pounce it. Sundog does a precise stand on it. Like Veronica's Mom, I ask them to actually actuate the button. I don't click now that they are getting the voice. The voice is a signal to them that they will get a treat. Both dogs weigh less than 30 pounds, so they do have to put some force into their paw presses to actuate the button.

This is a cool trick The dogs are enjoying it so much that now I'm training them to wait until I ask them to press the button before pressing the button :ROFLMAO::LOL: :):):)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
This is a cool trick The dogs are enjoying it so much that now I'm training them to wait until I ask them to press the button before pressing the button :ROFLMAO::LOL: :):):)
For something to do...not that this will come quickly or easily...

I'm going to try some variations...next teach a nose bump to activate the button and work on getting her to wait until I ask for paw or nose; then work on offering right or left paw. (It's going to be a long New England winter...so what else have we got to do) :p

Oh, and Dogster...Veronica is not a bit of a Diva; Veronica is a full fledged constant DIVA!!!!! :rolleyes:

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous vid J & V and LOL oh yes Veronica is def a fully fledged DIVA!!!!!!!! And a vocal one too!:LOL:

My vid will be up shortly, no easy button as they are apparently not sold here, so will have to do something a bit different.:( *sigh* looks like such fun with the easy button.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! I also thought about rewarding only when the sound was made, but the problem is that it's not instant. It takes about a second or two after the button is pushed for the sound to be made. So I rewarded for pressure instead of the sound. If it was a push with a lot of pressure it would get reinforced, which would mean that the sound would be toggles anyways. :D

Mutt

Experienced Member
So here is our video, I used a sharpener, because I wanted to go for a very small object to make it a little bit more difficult:
Note the difference between M & B:
Mazzel storming at the target and immediately touching it (and knocking it away :whistle::ROFLMAO:).
Boef first running over there and gently targetting the object.

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
OK...I'm sorry, I tried to leave it alone; but I really am quite...a perfectionist.

My first video had a misplaced subtitle. I tried to let it go; but it ate at me. Soooo...I re-did the video; and while I was at it, I added a little extra footage and music. Nothing worth watching if you've already seen it; but my earlier link won't work since I removed the first video. :rolleyes:

Btw; Jean - however you make those videos with the background white-ed out - that is COOL!!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Haha I like how your dog picked it up with his mouth. My husky tried the same thing too. :)

The white background is tricky because it requires a large paper background of 9-10 feet large that covers the back and the floor. And the lighting is very tricky too. It's a set-up that I made when I filmed my dog training course. :)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Haha I like how your dog picked it up with his mouth. My husky tried the same thing too. :)

The white background is tricky because it requires a large paper background of 9-10 feet large that covers the back and the floor. And the lighting is very tricky too. It's a set-up that I made when I filmed my dog training course. :)
Oh...WOW!!!

Here I was thinking it was some sort of video editing program that just kept the moving parts and wiped everything else out. I suppose that's not possible, but I am not very technologically adept.

You really put ALLOT of work into perfecting those videos. It's a really eye catching, neat effect!!!