Earn your Trick Dog title

kyra

Thanks Jerrymojo2! It sounds like your dogs are already trained, but just thought I'd mention that that my new book came out this month. It's called THE DOG TRICKS AND TRAINING WORKBOOK and it includes 30 trick cards and a DVD.

charmedwolf

Staff member
Well, I now have 3 more things to be adding to the Birthday/ Christmas list:dogbiggrin:. I can already hear the reply" You want more dog books?!? You already have 3 shelves full!" Let's just say if I didn't have all my dog books/dvds/stuff/junk I would have money for college...:dogwub:

kyra

My guilty pleasure is dog props: hoops, flyball boxes, dog scooters, agility equipment, new-fangled collars, leashes, treat bags, etc. Yep, a small fortune in it iindeed...

natty

oh this is so exciting!

i have the 101 tricks book but havent ever trained a trick , ive been wanting too but have lacked motivation . i dont have any titles for my dogs as i dont compete in any sports but a trick title is definatly something i could work on with my dog at home! i need to make a plan . both my dogs are easy to teach i think so a novice title should be dooable eventually !!!.

kyra

Hi Natty-
Yes, I need things like titles to motivate me too! The Novice title is a great goal. Your dogs need to learn 15 tricks from the list (but your dog probably already knows the basic ones like sit, down, come, stay, stand, etc.) Try teaching "Spin Circles" as this is a trick most dogs learn in a few days. Good luck and keep us posted!
--Kyra

natty

ive just been thru the book and made a list for each dog. there are 11 things in the novice section that my older dog can do and 7 that the puppy can do , spin is one of them he loved to spin when he was little but he liked to spin for everything lol now at least he can do other things as well . i cant wait to get started.