Dog Carting

leon

Hi All, Thought I would say hello and introduce myself and my Border Collie JET.
I am in the process of building a second cart for her now as the first one was too big and heavy and I wouldn't put it on her as Border collies are energy and endurance dogs not power dogs and I wouldn't risk an injury.

She already loves pulling a pram through the woods with my fishing gear or my three year old in it so now I am building a small purpose built basic wooden cart for her that will be even easier to pull.
Is there anyone in Southern Ireland that shares this interest or is it only me and the Crazy Yanks (who I love by the way).

Everyone thinks I am crazy as you just don't see dog carts over here but so what !!
I even had to send to America to get her harness.

P's I can post videos of her pulling the pram and me trying to keep up if anyone is interested.

snooks

Experienced Member
The carting community in the US is rather small and concentrated here. We do have lots of devotees here but they tend to be in concentration over small areas. Would love to see ur vid!! Give a shout and post it

leon

Dog Carting ( pramming )

Hi Please see attached a small clip of my Border Collie pulling my 3 year old son along in his pram.
Normally I have a rope attached to the back of the pram to stop her running to far ahead !

leon

Hi Please see attached a small clip of my Border Collie pulling my 3 year old son along in his pram.
Normally I have a rope attached to the back of the pram to stop her running to far ahead ![/quote]

snooks

Experienced Member
Leon,

I was unable to see your link. Do you need any help posting it?? I would love to see. :dogwink: There may be a minimum number of posts before you can upload...there used to be. I'm not sure if there still is.