Dock Diving!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
@dogster //"Unfortunately, my dog doesn't like water too much...:cautious:"//

add the word YET...;)
Dogs CAN change their minds about things, :D mmHmm, don't give up! Buddy hated water, too, but now loves water. Buddy still much prefers water he can walk into, like a BEACH,
more than jumping into water, but, frankly, i haven't tried really hard to get him to love jumping into water.
Buddy can jump into water now, but, it often requires a bit of coaxing. But walking into water, he is now fine with that, and loves it. Buddy is NOT a great swimmer though...nope.

Buddy generally dislikes heavily chlorinated pools, too.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
That video is amazing - and Hero is amazing!! :cool:(y):LOL: That looks like so much FUN!!! Yeah, I'm thinkin' mine would look at me like I was NUTS if I thought they were gonna jump off a platform into water, especially Alfie. He's sooooo NOT a water dog - gotta keep his size 42 feet dry dry dry!! :ROFLMAO: Makena is like your Buddy, Tigerlily - she'll walk (or run) into water, she loves getting wet at the beach, but jump? I think not! :eek::LOL:

Dogster

Honored Member
@dogster //"Unfortunately, my dog doesn't like water too much...:cautious:"//

add the word YET...;)
Dogs CAN change their minds about things, :D mmHmm, don't give up! Buddy hated water, too, but now loves water. Buddy still much prefers water he can walk into, like a BEACH,
more than jumping into water, but, frankly, i haven't tried really hard to get him to love jumping into water.
Buddy can jump into water now, but, it often requires a bit of coaxing. But walking into water, he is now fine with that, and loves it. Buddy is NOT a great swimmer though...nope.

Buddy generally dislikes heavily chlorinated pools, too.
It's slowly coming along. I'm planning to take her swimming to beaches this summer, as she's no longer afraid of the hose and she (finally) LOVES her doggie pool.:D

GEORGE'SDAD

i took my three swimming the other day and George was amazed by the incredible floating tennis ball!!! Max took a bit of coaxing but he eventually dove in and loved it!!! I couldn't keep kita out of the water!!! She was trying to dive down and get rocks and other things off the bottom and blowing bubbles!!! We had so much fun!!!:ROFLMAO:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"Carmel doesn't like to swim:("//

it might be,
//"Carmel doesn't like to swim:( YET"//
she has some poodle in her, poodles are usually great swimmers.... who knows-- it might be, that Carmel just hasn't had enough chances to learn to like swimming yet, who knows?
maybe Carmel might be like my dog, and have strong preference for water she can walk into, vs jump into??
I think, to a dog,
a beach
a wading pool
jumping out of a boat into water
a human swimming pool(often chlorinated)
and a hose
are all different to a dog. I think, of that list, dogs who are not major water lovers,
might find a beach, that they can WALK into, the best...?
but, all dogs are unique. :ROFLMAO:

who knows, somewhere, there might be a dog who happily jumps into a human pool, adores kiddie pools, loves hoses, jumps out of boats easily, -----but dislikes walking into water on the beach.....could be such a dog!! But the other way around is not uncommon, i don't think......
but All dogs are unique.

Buddy doesn't see the point of dog wading pools, much to my chagrin, oh, he WILL get into one, on cue, he can be happy and calm enough in a kiddie wading pool, if lured into one,
but never ever goes into one on his own...... darn:( .
and he is no fan of hoses, either, but tolerates them.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I think part of the reason my dog dislikes human swimming pools, is, besides he has had only limited chances to get in one, (oddly, most of our friends with pools dont' seem enthused about a hairy dog in their pool:LOL: )
is that he can't walk into one,
and the smell.

If i even open a bottle of bleach in the kitchen, Buddy is outa there........i won't see him in the kitchen again til that smell is dissipated again.

Honored Member
I don't know what Holly thinks of water. When it's summer I'll have to take her to the beach or to a lake and see what she does.
Some dogs don't like waves so I might take her to a lake first and see what she does.

dogcrazy

Experienced Member
Carmel doesn't like the hose and wading/baby pools, never has been in a human pool, likes lakes but not swimming and likes to jump out of boats but nothing else. Concluding my dog is VERY weird in what she swims in. This summer we will go to a lot of beaches so i will work on the water training there and i will get her a life jacket. Because it seems that Carmel doesn't like it when her paws don't touch the bottom.