Dancing With Dogs

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I love Tina, i had not ever seen that one before, wow, such precision, i found myself rewinding over and over, to try to spot the extremely subtle signals to the dog, but, found few if any. When she bends fwd just a tad, is cue for dog,
and when she placed arms straight down, seemed to be cue for right-side heeling,
but, otherwise, i wonder could that all be backchaining?

stunning with the arms held behind her back, just no cue could be being given by her to the dog, none at all in that position...
fascinating,...blows my mind!! I can barely even figure it out, how dog knows it is time to circle, etc.

orpheum

I usually don't backchain because it takes away the drive for the other excercices with my dogs AND they tend to rush to the "last" excercice for the reward.
I use a lot of free shaping (practicly no luring) and go for a high percentage of following up commands. I also frequently train the release command.
I sometimes do chain a few excercises if they consider it as a reward. My munsterlander loves to do the backstall and a short weave for exemple.
Hope you understand what I'm trying to say :-)

orpheum

In the clip of Tina I think the dog is focusing on shoulder movement for the turns combined with vocal command. The reason for thinking is that my "heelworker" also notice shoulder movement as a sign for turning.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
ah ha, a backstall is when a dog jumps up on your back while you may have your hands on your knees, or arms outstetched...............

nope, i don't think i will teach that one to my 50 lb dog....nope!:ROFLMAO:

Little Miss Mollie

yES, I SAW THAT VIDEO, loved it. Incredible talent!!

I don't know this man's name, and i don't know if this style of doggie dance routine is following any "rules"(?)
but, THIS VIDEO shows the incredible diversity of doggie dance styles.....keep watching it, i fell over laffin, way too funny!!:ROFLMAO: