Circle Backwards

Discussion in 'Training Challenges' started by TiflovesBCs, Apr 23, 2012.

1. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Was browsing Youtube and found a tuitorial for it and thought I'd give it a go as Bella is getting use to backing up and here's a video of her first session. She's done so well. :)

Anyone else want to try teaching it if their dogs don't already know it.
    Ripleygirl, Dogster, Dlilly and 2 others like this.

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

WONDERFUL, TIF, JUST WONDERFUL!!!
    Dogster and TiflovesBCs like this.
  3. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Yep she done great, suprised how fast she caught on for her first go. :) probably all the backwards tricks I have been teaching and am teaching lately
    Dogster likes this.
  4. Dlilly Honored Member

AWESOME!! What tutorial did you use? I've been wanting to teach Chance and Shiloh this for a while now. :)
    TiflovesBCs likes this.
  5. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

I changed it a bit as Bella was struggling going round the books when I wasn't on them so I thought I'd see how she did if I stood on them and tried.
  6. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Oh and just to see what she would do I had a go at this in the living room with no obstacles and she did it. Was a bit wide but I didn't really expect her to do it anyway was just seeing. yayyy.
  7. Dogster Honored Member

GREAT JOB TIF AND BELLA!!!! She`s a smart one eh (question mark, but my keyboard isn`t working properly):D I will teach this to Shivon as soom as I am done backwards weaving.:LOL: 3 more tricks to teach until my next vid!!!
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  8. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

I realised after I's started teaching it I was teaching it from my right side not heel side lol which shes not use to standing at so thats a lesson there heehee
  9. Anneke Honored Member

Great job!! Sigh... yet another trick on the To-Do list:D
  10. Dogster Honored Member

Yup!!! That`s right, Anneke!!!(y)
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  11. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

HAhahaha don't I know it, I keep meaning to teach roll your self in the blanket but I keep getting distracted lol
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  12. Anneke Honored Member

I actually have to really MAKE this list... Put tricks down on paper. Now I'm just being chaotic... I see a trick, like the "help me up" and focus on that one. Untill I see another, that I want to teach... So now I'm stuck with a whole lot of half thaught tricks, all in the luring fase...
    Wish there was a quick way to program a dog in doing a trick:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:, because I want it all NOW!!
    Ugh I'm being wayyy too impatient:oops::rolleyes::LOL: adding to that, having soo little time to do the training I want, at the moment.
  13. Evie Experienced Member

Lol Anneke, I actually have a list....... and I STILL find myself getting halfway through tricks before I see a new one i want to try.....

I'd like to try this one too..... butttttttttttttttttttttt not just yet, got too many others :p
    tigerlily46514, Dogster and Anneke like this.
  14. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

I have a list that I keep atualizing all the time.
    It has 3 parts:
    1. Good obedience:
    2.Learning:
    3.Ideas for the future
  15. bekah1001 Honored Member

Looks like a fun trick! I'm teaching Brody to backup and maybe I'll try this!
  16. Tâmara Vaz Experienced Member

I'm on the final steps on this trick!

Congratulations Tif!!!!
    tigerlily46514, bekah1001 and Dogster like this.
  17. sara Moderator

Oliver does this trick... I dont think I had to teach him it... I taught him to do a backwards figure 8, and this one happened at the same time! LOL Oliver has many tricks that I didn't have to teach him, he just offered the behaviour. Like crawling backwards... he learned that ALL on his own LOL

Oliver likes backwards tricks better than frontwards tricks... He has the backwards weave and figure 8 down pat... but I haven't been able to get him to do the frontwards one yet! LOL
    Dogster, bekah1001 and tigerlily46514 like this.
  18. Evie Experienced Member

Lol sara, that's actually quite funny. Isn't backwards supposed to be harder? :p
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  19. sara Moderator

You would think, wouldn't you? Seems Oliver's stuck in reverse gear! LOL
  20. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Bella seems to like doing reverse stuff