Chloe The Border Collie

Discussion in 'Meet the Dogs' started by kassidybc, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MaryK Honored Member

That's fantastic!!!!!!!!:D(y) You're an awesome duo! And you've reminded me, must update Leaf's trick list a.s.a.p.
    Ripleygirl and kassidybc like this.

2. jorrytommy New Member

really nice and cool picz kassidybc of your Chloe!
    kassidybc and running_dog like this.
  3. kassidybc Experienced Member

Thank you! :)
  4. She looks so young! I love her picture with pink bows :love: like a princess
    kassidybc likes this.
  5. kassidybc Experienced Member

Yeah, most people don't guess that she's almost 8 when they see her. :p
  6. kassidybc Experienced Member

Alright, I'm going to try to make a list of Chloe's tricks here (Mostly for my sake, since I can never remember what tricks she knows!) this will probably need to be under construction, since I'm sure I won't be able to remember all of her tricks right now. (I swear she has a better memory than me! ;) )

1. Sit
    2. Lie down
    3. Stand
    4. Stay
    5. Shake (both paws)
    6. Bow
    7. Play dead
    8. Roll over
    9. Come
    10. spin (both ways)
    11. Heel (both sides)
    12. Heel between my legs (forwards and backwards)
    13. Reverse (Spins around and goes backwards between my legs)
    14. Jump through my arms
    15. Jump through my legs
    16. Jump over my knee
    17. Tunnel
    18. Agility jumps
    19. Dog walk
    20. A-frame
    21. Teeter
    22. Pause table
    23. Weave poles
    24. Back up
    25. Heel backwards
    26. Back onto objects (beginning of handstand, we've just never progressed past that point)
    27. Back up the stairs
    28. Put away your toys
    29. Get a snack from the fridge (Open fridge, bring me snack, close fridge)
    30. Do the dishes (put dishes in dishwasher then close the rack)
    31. Close the door
    32. Do the laundry
    33. Put magnets on the fridge
    34. Cross your paws
    35. Sit pretty
    36. Retrieve dumbell
    37. Hold objects
    38. "Bring me something" (Game we play where I say bring me something and she starts bringing me random items from around the house)
    39. Kennel up
    40. Go to bed
    41. Hold hotdog (or other food) in her mouth (without eating it) then give it back (she isn't too fond of this one ;) )
    42. Take off my socks
    43. Untie my shoes
    44. Watch me
    45. Speak
    46. Wave
    47. Kisses
    48. Jump up
    49. Serve as a jump for the cat (for those moments when you want to practice jumping with Mia and don't have ready access to an agility jump, we use Chloe as a jump :D )
    50. Swing
    51. Around
    52. Catch frisbee
    53. Walk on loose leash
    54. Off-leash walking
    55. Dig
    56. Limp
    57. Take it
    58. Drop it
    59. Balance treat (or object) on nose and catch it
    60. Head down
    61. Back in circles around me

That's all I can think of at the moment, I 'll probably be editing it for the next few days when I think of more. And I just realized Chloe reached the 50 trick line! :D
    running_dog likes this.
  7. running_dog Honored Member

That's brilliant Kassidy and Chloe! You must have edited because you have over 60 tricks now (y)(y)(y)(y)

As Zac's got about the same number of tricks shall we head for 75 as our next target together? Zac's working on walking sideways at the moment, you could try that too if you like - it can be proofed into all kinds of variations (Zac explained that to me very carefully because I hadn't realised :rolleyes: ).

We're really struggling with heel backwards because he keeps backing behind me and risking getting trodden on, is that something Chloe ever did? If so how did you fix it? I'm thinking it is best to go back to tiny increments until he gets the idea - we were working on it yesterday and he suddenly stood on his hind legs and ran backwards beside me, that isn't even one of his tricks and I didn't know he could but he didn't get trodden on! I love it when dogs surprise us.

I'm sorry I'm late commenting, I don't know how I missed seeing your post here until now.
    kassidybc likes this.
  8. kassidybc Experienced Member

Chloe still does this a little bit, I just had to go back a little bit at a time, like you said. Though she's still not perfect, but she's good enough for me to consider it a trick lol. :p
    running_dog likes this.