Chloe The Border Collie

Discussion in 'Meet the Dogs' started by kassidybc, Jun 29, 2013.

1. kassidybc Experienced Member

Meet Chloe! She is a 6 year old BC, and a big sweetheart!
    Favorite things to do- Herding sheep, catching a frisbee, hunting chipmunks, and sitting on my lap! :)
    Her favorite trick- Go to bed (gets in bed)
    My favorite trick- Over (jumps over my leg)
    Trick we are working on right now- Close the door (pretty self explanatory :) )
    Best Training Technique for Chloe- Training with positive reinforcement and a clicker for about 2 minutes at a time.
    And some pictures of my beautiful girl Chloe! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    MaryK, Dogster, brodog and 2 others like this.

2. MissyBC Experienced Member

Cloe sure is gorgeous! How many tricks does she know?
    MaryK likes this.
  3. brody_smom Experienced Member

What a lovely girl! She looks very serious. Does she have a goofy side, too?
    MaryK likes this.
  4. southerngirl Honored Member

She is quite the looker.
    MaryK likes this.
  5. MaryK Honored Member

Chloe is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!:) Sounds like you too have a real blast!:D

Love all her pics but she looks so cute sitting in the driver's seat, all ready to learn to drive the car.;)
    brodys_mom likes this.
  6. Dogster Honored Member

She's adorable!!! :love:
    MaryK likes this.
  7. kassidybc Experienced Member

She knows about 9 tricks, but she is learning fast! She learned most of them in the past month or two. She learned a couple before, but she didnt work well with other training methods, but just a couple of months ago we found the clicker, and now she's learning super fast! She almost has her 10th trick, close the door!
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  8. kassidybc Experienced Member

She is very serious. Nothing is fun and games. Everything is serious business. ;) She does have a goofy side sometimes though, especially when the big ball comes out. :)
    MaryK, Dogster and brodys_mom like this.
  9. kassidybc Experienced Member

Yup. Her drivers test is next week. ;) Haha! Just kidding.... She wouldn't be a good driver, she'd be driving with her head out the window. :)
    MaryK, brodys_mom and Dogster like this.
  10. kassidybc Experienced Member

Well, actually, I guess it depends, do agility obstacles count as tricks? For example, does jumping over a bar count as a trick? Or does doing the weave poles count as a trick? Ect.? If so, she knows more than 9.
    MaryK, brodys_mom and southerngirl like this.
  11. southerngirl Honored Member

I would count them as tricks because she has to learn how to do these things.:)
    MaryK and brodys_mom like this.
  12. kassidybc Experienced Member

Ok, I updated her tricks in my signature. That means she knows 13 tricks. :)
    MaryK, southerngirl and brodys_mom like this.
  13. MaryK Honored Member

LOL, somewhere on this forum, probably in the off topic, there's a post from way back about dogs getting Driver's Licenses! Sounds like Chloe needs one, but she'll need to keep her head in, that's for sure!:LOL:
  14. MaryK Honored Member

Wow, not only beautiful but smart too! Impressive list of tricks!(y):)
  15. Gordykins Experienced Member

She is adorable! Have you had her since she was a puppy, or did you adopt her later?
    MaryK likes this.
  16. Gordykins Experienced Member

She is adorable! Have you had her since she was a puppy, or did you adopt her later?
    MaryK likes this.
  17. kassidybc Experienced Member

We have had her since she was a puppy, but I just became interested in training her a year or two ago, and got really serious about it a couple months ago. Although I would like to rescue my next dog, and kind of wish I would rescued my first dog (although I wouldn't trade Chloe), we got her as a puppy, because my mom had a little seven year old girl (Me!) begging her for a dog, and when your that young, your usually begging for a puppy! :) Now that I am 13 though, I'm begging for a rescue! :)
    Ripleygirl and MaryK like this.
  18. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

Very belated to reading your post here, but just thought I would add me to the list of Chloe admirers, she is beautiful. BCs are just so smart, its great that you found the clicker and positives reinforcement! Well done you and Chloe!
    MaryK and kassidybc like this.
  19. kassidybc Experienced Member

Chloe says thank you! :) Wow, I'm looking back at this post, and I said Chloe knew 9 tricks. Now, just 8 moths later, she knows almost 35 tricks! So proud of her!
  20. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

That is awesome! Power of a positive, loving owner, a clicker and a wonderful dog!(y)
    MaryK and kassidybc like this.