Break Dancing!?

threenorns

today at tim horton's, i ran dandy through his tricks - making him work for his snippets of timbit. it was really busy today, as May 2-4 wkend is when the tourists descend in droves.

when it came to "roll over", however, he did something completely unexpected: he sat right up on a flank with his back legs up and spun around in a circle! he did that a half-dozen times in a row. ppl in the parking lot were laughing and saying "he's break-dancing!" and some little old white guy pretended to beatbox until his little old wife smacked him - but i wanted roll over and eventually he did it.

any idea how i can call that up again? take him back there and reproduce the circumstances, maybe?

was he maybe playing to the audience? he's not done that before - one of the reasons i don't work with him in the house any more is because i want him to get used to doing tricks while ppl are watching and there's distractions and such so we do them when we're out walking. usually, if he sees someone watching or if someone says something, that's it - game over - he's running over to sniff them and get pats and whatnot. maybe he's finally getting into the performance aspect?

MaryK

Honored Member
Wow! Dandy sure knows how to milk his audience. Not sure how you can capture this new trick. Am thinking that maybe recreate the situation and if he does it again, click/treat. Just a thought too, there wasn't anything uncomfortable on the ground was there?

I'm doing the same as you, working with Ra Kismet outside to do his tricks, though we have to work on the lead which makes it hard for some tricks. Same reason, Ra Kismet also gets a bit excited with an audience and wants to go get all the cuddles and pats:rolleyes: I think Dandy though has that 'it' quality, he sure knows how to win over an audience. LOL maybe pass the hat around next time!

threenorns

okay - i think i figured it out: he's cheating on the roll over! so instead of correcting, i'm going with it using "break it down!" and we do that a couple times (when he does it) and then i switch to something totally different (like working on clockwise orbits because for some reason he doesn't like those).