Bored Dogs

Anneke

Honored Member
So we are haning out on the couch enjoying a evening of watching tv... But our two dogs are bored.... Cooper comes begging for attention and my boyfriend asks him if he wants to play a doggame...
They know those dogpuzzles. I have two of them, so I get them out and fill them up with treats and let them at it.
Well as they know these games, the fun was over quick.
I saw a tip on facebook a while ago so I started out on preparing it. My boyfriend joins in with some good idea's that involve cutting tennisballs in half. We have e HUGE stash of tennisballs as we get them from someone who works on a tenniscourt.

We started out with only two half balls, the ones with the "handles" came later, so they are not in the pictures yet. I tried to put it on vid, but even with all the lights on in the livingroom, the vid came out too dark.

So the game involves a simple plastic stool. When you turn it over, there are little, different sized boxes you can put treats in. The half balls fit loosly in a few, but in some they fit tightly. The makings of a puzzel...
First trying out the tennisballs, to see if they knew how to get to the treats.
Jinx. Yeah, got it!!!!

Cooper. Can I use my paw?

Ok, so that works. Lets make it a little more difficult and fun
Stuff treats in the little pockets and stack toys and balls on top

Endresult

Have fun guys!!

Almost two hours later, after a couple of storebought dogpuzzles and our home made puzzle a few times, they are now both fast asleep:D
And we had fun too:LOL:
Mission accomplished!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
THAT'S BRILLIANT, ANNEKE!! LOVE IT!! I am so going to try this!! I am always making up puzzles and homemade games for Buddy, especially on rainy spring days:rolleyes: , Buddy gets bored bored bored too easily.

SO SO CLEVER, i'm just blown away by this great idea!! THANKS for sharing this!!!

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Hmmmm great idea. infact the tennis ball i was using at the park today is splitting in 2 hmmm i wonder if my small stool has them. I might give this a go in a minute. What a great idea.
hmmm i might need a bigger stool underneath is a bit shallow and small on mine

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Ok gave this a quick go with Bella and Jenny, videoed it and they will be up soon. Gotta upload 2 tricks Bellas worked on today aswell lol. Gonna go try this on zara which will be fun as she is manic so not sure how she'll do it.

Anneke

Honored Member
I love how you can almost see them think: It can't be THAT easy!!!:D
First being very carefull and then going for it.
I didn't expect Zara to be so carefull though! But it is funny to see her having to think. Putting her head down, not knowing what to do and then in the end she goes for it(y)

Dogster

Honored Member
They all did really well!!!!! Zara was soooo careful with it!!!!! It was hilarious to see her paws spread apart and her head slowly going for the cup!!!!:D