Bolt Learned Footstall!

MaryK

Honored Member
Fabulous trick!(y):D Same questions as 2spoiledaussies, how did you teach this and how much does Bolt weigh? Would love to teach my boy, he weighs 21.7 kilos, maybe a bit too heavy???

Mutt

Experienced Member
Nice work.
LOL definetly not a trick for us (or I really need to do more workouts) since Mazzel weighs 35 kg (and I weigh only 25/30 kg more) :ROFLMAO:

DevonW

That's too cute!

My boy currently weighs 28.5 kg and he's way to heavy for me to do a foot stall with without one of us getting injured because I'm only 53.5 kg (he's more than half my weight) the back stall I can do though.

MaryK

Honored Member
My boy weights 21.7 kilos which converts to just over 47 lbs. I may see what that weight feels like on my feet before trying this trick. I've strong legs, so that may help. Great video, very clear, thanks for the share:)(y)

Honored Member
I think Holly might be too small for this trick :LOL:, not sure she would be able to jump from the floor onto the soles of my shoes.

It seems you really need a medium size dog (or small but good at jumping or really strong legs) for this trick.

Don't think Holly could do a backstall either (unless I crouch really really low).

MaryK

Honored Member
With Holly she may be able to do back stall if you get down on your hands and knees. Depends though on how 'big' you are:)

Dogster

Honored Member
Awesome!!!!! Great job on that trick!!!!:D

Hey! I can do this one! Wooooooot!!!! Shivon weighs about 30-32 pounds.:D

CarmenR

This looks like such a fun trick. Would learning the backstall first be easier? Luna weighs around 42 pounds (19-20 kg range) so we can do it yay!! although I weigh 106 pounds... I definitely think it is do able. I can pick her up easy enough and my legs are definitely stronger. Although I'm worried about the jumping on her joints, I'm guessing I should wait until she is 18 months. I guess during the wait I can start building up leg strength hahaha

MaryK

Honored Member
I'd love to teach this to Remi, expect he is 50 pounds and has no balance what so ever no matter how often we practice balance exercises. :pLOL Good job tho, that seems like a tough trick to teach. :)
:LOL: Yes I think maybe that's one trick which will not make it onto Remi's list. My boy's a little lighter, about 2.5 lbs, with fabulous balance but not sure I can take that weight!:rolleyes:

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
:LOL: Yes I think maybe that's one trick which will not make it onto Remi's list. My boy's a little lighter, about 2.5 lbs, with fabulous balance but not sure I can take that weight!:rolleyes:
I want to attempt it, but with all the factors taken in to account I don't want him falling and landing on my face! :ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
I want to attempt it, but with all the factors taken in to account I don't want him falling and landing on my face! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: That thoughts crossed my mind too with my boy! Even though his balance is great, there's still that risk I won't be up to the trick, though I'm sure he'd find it hilarious falling on my face:eek: