Agility

xena98

Experienced Member
Hi Guys
Hadnt been in here for awhile and umm boy has it changed. Got to find my way around here. Looks good for what I have seen so far. Anyway thought I would put down had a very good year with my girls. My young coolie got her agility champion title at 3 years and 8 months woohoo!! and finally a leg in her udx so hopefully next year we can get our title and our grand champion title as well. We had done well in our agility gaining titles and first places as well. Both of my girls are getting very consistent as well. Inka had been doing well as well not much to say about her as she has gained all of her titles a few years back but is enjoying working and that is you can really say

Now that we are in our break its time to get back into our trick training. Got to find new ideas again. We are going to attempt this doggy dancing but hey when you dont have a dancing bone at all this is going to prove very interesting lol

I'm still learning about this computer thing and have finally donwloaded a clip of my Gabby doing open jumping and I hope you will enjoy this. You probably wont see much of me as I am doing lots of distance work. Comes very handy so enjoy and well hopefully it does work though

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WOW!! WHAT A MARVELOUS DAY, what a lucky dog to get this training!! HUGE round of applause going on for you over here at my house! WHOOOT!
CONGRADULATIONS!!

sneg

Awesome run, so amazingly fast.

I have to say that courses in the states seem way easier than ones I run (in Europe, FCI regulated classes). Yours are concentrating on distance and speed, ours are handling and contact.

Anneke

Honored Member
Sneg: that's what I thought... There are way more twists and turns in our courses... (also FCI)
BUT.....Xena, I am jealous of your distance work!!! OMG your dog really knows how to work away from you!!!
Of course we are newbies to agility, my Jinx is only 18 months old and we have been training for only 6 months. But she is not grasping the idea of being able to jump ahead:D Two jumps, if I am lucky, is as far as she will go. Then she will look back and go: hey, were are you???:p
We are working on that, but I guess we have a different training stratigy, since our courses are different;)

xena98

Experienced Member
hehe guys I'm not from the states from Australia that is one of our easier courses though and since I'm not a fast runner and my dogs are fast I tend to do the distance work so I can be somewhere else in the correct spot well suppose to be lol. Glad you guys enjoyed it

Evie

Experienced Member
Wow. That's awesome :)

You're in Adelaide Xena98? Me too, well close enough anyway :)

I'm thinking I'd like to do agility with my Evie when she's a bit older (she's only 5 months old atm) but I have absolutely no idea where to start..... I've never done agility and know absolutely nothing about it. All i know is it looks like fun and I think Evie would love it :p

Do you know if there's anywhere where i can go and have a look, get information etc? Any beginners club or anything like that. I've heard there is agility done in Strathalbyn..

Luckydogwhisperer

Here's some websites, videos, etc. on agility for you, Evie:
http://www.squidoo.com/agilityfordogs - just an agility website/page
http://www.squidoo.com/startingdogagility - a website/page on getting started in agility
http://googility.com/ - a search engine just for agility
http://www.amazon.com/The-Beginners-Guide-Dog-Agility/dp/0793805465/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332692093&sr=1-1 - good book on beginning agility
http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Dog-Agility-Margaret-Bonham/dp/0764141384/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1332692142&sr=1-1 - another good book on beginning agility
http://www.cleanrun.com/ - an awesome agility website for anybody, whether your a newbie, or a National level competitor, included are an agility store, an events locator, a magazine forum, and course designer software for your computer

Hope this can get you started, good luck! If you have any questions, I (or probably any other agility person on here) would be happy to help!

Lucky

Evie

Experienced Member
Thank you luckydog!

For some reason i didn't get my email notification to tell me someone replied to this thread, so sorry i took so long to reply :p

Only just now finding the time to read through old threads :p

I'll have a look through those links soon - Thanks :)

xena98

Experienced Member
Hi Guys
Havent been on here for ages. I do have awesome distance work that people are jealous but sometimes it works brilliant and sometimes it bites you on the butt lol. Do have to say she is lots of fun. We are having a shot in dancing with dog. I am going to be in a competition in july so have to get a routine organized and practice lol.

Hey Evie whereabouts are you in adelaide let me know which suburb you are in and I will let you know where there is clubs lol

There is lots of things you can do at home to prepare like back leg awareness left and right etc there is heaps of things around

Evie

Experienced Member
Adelaide Hills, Mount Barker region, so not actually in Adelaide lol, which is probably why i've heard about the one in Strathalbyn.

xena98

Experienced Member
which one did you hear my friend teaches up at strath Jacki is her name she's great and does quite well with her dogs as well

Evie

Experienced Member
Um, not sure lol. I'm completely new to all this and was just told that there was agility in strath. They never said where or when or with whom....I'll keep an eye out for jackie then. Don't suppose she allows peopl to come along and just watch for a bit does she?

xena98

Experienced Member
Just thought I would put this on here. Competed at Sydney Agility Nationals a couple of months ago. Very exciting and very busy. Gabby became 2012 National Master Gamblers Champion WooHoo very exciting. People all over from Australia and New Zealand came over to compete. Started at 8 in the morning and didnt finish till 11.30 at night long days 5 days straight. My girls and I were very tired
Hopefully this video works this was late at night and both me and Gabby timing was not good
enjoy hopefully this works