Agility With Jinx And Cooper

Anneke

Honored Member
All this talk about agility in other threads:D I guess I should show you guy's what we are doing:whistle:
This first vid is of Jinx and me a few month ago. We were training distance control and were having a hard time with it;)
She just did not understand, she was supposed to take the jumps behind the tunnel, while I stayed in front of the tunnel:rolleyes:
Watching this I realize how much we have improved in three months time!! I really should make another vid of how we are doing now!

This is me and Cooper 2 years ago.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
LOVED IT!! Even Buddy loved watching Jinx's video, Buddy heard Jinx and stood right up, with his paws on my desk, admiring Jinx's barking.:ROFLMAO: My dog does like watching dogs on tv or on the computer.

I love dogs who are noisy and talkative as they train. I wish Buddy was more vocal while training.

Very cute videos, nice work! They are getting there, what a FINE agility set you have to work on! wow! Mine looks so rinky-dink next to THAT one...

Anneke

Honored Member
Haha, I wish those sets were mine... The one in Jinx's vid is from the dogschool I go to now. The one in Cooper's vid belongs to the dogschool, I used to go to. They are way to heavy to carrie around in my car:D
I have this set http://media.zooplus.com/bilder/agility/hindernissenset/1/300/36289_1.jpg

And yes, Jinx loves to talk!! I'm working on that, because the louder she barks, the more bars she knocks off:rolleyes: It's just excitement and she also barks when she doesn't understand what I want her to do.

The others in my class always laugh at her, because she always talks. Even when I ask her to sit, she will sit down with a little grunt:D

Anneke

Honored Member
Jinx loves to watch tv too. When I put my trainingvids on the computer and watch them back, she will come and sit next to me to watch them with me.
She loves to watch cartoons too, and any programm that has dogs, cats, deer and other fourlegged animals. She doesn't like to watch reptiels:D
I watch a lot of animal planet and discovery and it is fun to see her respond to what is going on!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
cartoons? bah ha ha!!:ROFLMAO:

Buddy is only watches animals on tv or computer. If it is a movie about ppl, he won't watch it.

Buddy even has his very own DVD, a neighbor gave it to me, cuz her dog won't watch it. It's called "Dog-sitter" i think, and it is a show just for dogs to watch. The narrator cleverly whispers "goooood boy" and "stayyyyyyyy.....stayyyyyyyyyyy" like that, to help make dogs hang around the tv set. It has films of all various animals, mice, hamsters, birds, other dogs, cats, sheep, etc etc, all running around and making noises, and Buddy just stares at it, with the whites of his eyes showing all around!!

but he gets TOO excited if we play his DVD, and wants to jump up on the tv screen, and keeps trying to sniff the tv screen, following the lil hamsters back and forth, making dog-nose smears all across the tv screen.....:rolleyes:

now i want to put on some cartoons to see if Buddy will watch them:ROFLMAO: .

Buddy also HOWLS his heart out, to many songs and sounds. I think his favorite song is "Onward christian soldiers"<----we found this out watching a Howie Mandell movie called "Walk Like A Man" a comedy about a guy who grew up with wolves.
Buddy howls and howls along with it.

He also howls for some opera songs, too.

Buddy also loves a lil pig in a tv ad, for Geico insurance, they have lil squealing pig, and Buddy comes running in, and howls away while the the lil pig squeals around.:rolleyes:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
buddy's set looks a lot like this one: http://www.tomsprivateblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dog.jpg
but there is something missing, he has one more piece, than that set...

oh,
today, i learned, that Buddy will also belt out a soulful howl to parts of Whitney Houston's song, "Greatest Love Of All".......startled the whole family, that. Her music is all over the radio and tv today, as she has just died, and i did not know Buddy would howl to that song, til today, and when he did howl,
i thought of this thread.

Anneke

Honored Member
Hahaha! Funny Buddy!

Unfortunately Cooper won't be doing agility anymore, due to back problems. My vets keep telling me there is no problem and nothing shows at xray's, but he is very consistantly showing difficulty getting up an laying down. He has since he was a puppy. He had very severe growing pains and growthspurts(he would grow 2 inches a week:eek:), causing him to grow taller at the hips than at his shoulders. So in his first year he did have clear backproblems. But as he grew up the visible signs fades and he straightend out pretty well.
Unfortunately my boy is a tough guy, who doesn't show any pain, so if the vet examins him he just will not respond to pain stimulance.
I went to see a naturopathic therapist(she does homeopathy, herbal medication), but my boy ia a bit weary to strangers and would not let her examin him:rolleyes: I was thinking of taking him to a physiotherapist, but he seems to be doing well right now. And my budget won't allow it, for the moment.
I was in contact with a physiotherapist who also does accupucture and accupressure therapy and she said he might benefit from this. So it is on my to do list.
For now I am doing some TTouch with him when I think he needs it, but i don't know enough of that. Want to take a workshop, but have to wait untill one is given in my area.

But Jinx will be in vids, because I want to keep record of our progress;)

Luckydogwhisperer

Wow, you guys are good! I totally understand about dogs that don't get distance...Lucky hates any Gamblers or Jackpot practice, it drives him insane! :rolleyes: That was a great video of Cooper, and I'm sad that he can't run anymore. :( He's really good! I hope the physiotherapist works out, and a TTouch workshop comes to your area! It's hard to see your pets in distress...:(, but good luck with Jinx's training! What level is she at now?

Lucky

Anneke

Honored Member
Thank you Lucky.
Jinx is a novice(and so am I ofcourse:D)

As for Cooper, well, he will be doing agility every once in a while, but I will never start actual training with him again. He is happy going swimming, taking long walks and running besides the bike. Better safe than sorry;) I just don't want him to have problems later on in life(he's 6 years old) just because I wanted to do agility.
He isn't a hard worker anyway, more like a lazy dog, doing anything, but ONLY if HE wants to:rolleyes::LOL: That's why I got Jinx.;)

Luckydogwhisperer

Glad Cooper's still doing alright, and I'm sure your precautions will help him to live a longer, and happier life! Lucky's a Novice, like Jinx, so maybe we can exchange some tips and tricks...:)