A New Project

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Ok, so now we know where the 'not-so-great' part happened :msngiggle:, still gigglng over that one, sorry. Good thing that shirt was long - who knew you'd be doing dog training and a lingerie show all in one session? Yep, thank goodness no one was around - usually when stuff like that happens, you look around and heads are bobbing down, like ... oh, I didn't see that, reeealy! Hope they weren't your favorite jeans.....

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
LOL, yeah, yeah, I know....I feel stupid, but I have to admit it's funny, now. I had no clue what to do. I had no jacket or big coat to hide my...well, you know. No anything. And then I pulled my shirt down and fortunately it was just barely long enough, haha. And Deuce was standing there like, "Are we gonna get back to work or what?"
Who knew Deuce would be changing my wardrobe. Lol, not my favorite jeans, haha, but not cheap jeans either. Ah well, not the first time a dog or a horse has damaged my clothes in some way. (And I'm sure it won't be the last!):dogrolleyes:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Okay, now Deuce has officially had a bad day. Ugh.

The jumping has been going fantastic--the first day he would jump and jump and jump and jump for a good 5+ minutes, nonstop, without chilling out, at all. Now(today excluded), he will jump a few times, but will sit when told, after me(or whoever else) turns around with arms folded until he chills. This usually takes maybe a minute or two tops.

TODAY, oh my goodness....he jumped and jumped and jumped and jumped until finally I shoved a jackpot treat in his face and asked for a sit. He sat...and then jumped and jumped and jumped and jumped, so repeat with the jackpot treat. Then jump jump jump jump. The treats got his attention and he realized it was time to work, and we got to it. But even so, he still jumped several more times throughout our training. I continued to work through it, and would completely stop all attention every time(which got really old, and it was so hard not to get frustrated with him...to top it off the snow and ice melted today, so he was muddy...and we were working outside...ugh). He started getting bored with all the basics, so we worked on some new tricks--we started spin yesterday, so we worked on that today too. We started roll over as well, and worked on puppy push-ups, which he picked up on much faster than expected. I tested his stays to longer distances, walking around him, and stepping over him in a down-stay. Then I put him in a down-stay on the patio, right before the steps to the back door, and worked up to opening the door with him holding his position. He did good, but he just really had an off day.

He's been doing awesome with the "hip" command, and today he just flat decided he'd forgotten it. He was daydreaming, lol. So, I did work through it, and I got out of him what I could, but it definitely wasn't his best day. But that's alright. We'll see how he does next time!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO:Tx, i am still laffin about the whole (or should i say 'hole' ?) story above, bah ha ha!! Ooh, i did need a good belly laff today!!

Whenever i am worried /stressed, i can spend a few minutes here on Dog Trick Academy, and, everything seems better again! So glad this website is here.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
You know, i never did teach Buddy 'rollover' ever yet. Cuz, Buddy WILL offer various tricks if he is confused, and, there's times and places i'd just as soon he does NOT roll-over there!! ha ha!!
AMAZING WORK, TX!! :msnparty:HUGE KUDOS!! I'm loving every word of this thread!!

HANG IN THERE with the jumping thing!:msngiggle:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, Deuce is definitely fun to work with. He has a goofy personality. I'm going to try to work with him today before my main job, because tomorrow classes start and yesterday I didn't get to work with him either. So I'd like to get at least one day in so he's not a total dufus on Wednesday, lol. I need to take a picture of him, he's a cute one.
I can't really explain it, but he just has this look that makes you want to stick a big red clown nose on him and a wig and little pom-poms on his feet....he just looks like a goofy clown! Lol.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
A couple days ago we worked at my job for the first time, which went astonishingly well. I've never worked with him in a public place with lots of people and distractions. Today we worked with him at home, simply because they were busy packing and getting ready to go out of town next weekend(house hunting in the city they are moving to). I'm watching their dogs when they leave, so I'm going to do a lot of work away from the house with him and recruit some "volunteers"(lol, aka somewhat unwilling friends and family) to be distractions and tests.

Need to decide on something new to teach him...he's getting pretty bored. He's learning spin along with the other basic stuff, and he's thinking it's getting reeeaaallly old. So I think one of our next sessions will be mainly new, fun stuff. Just have to decide what. Tomorrow we are working at my job again, and maybe start teaching him to come to the tone function on his e-collar. I'm not 100% sure whether I want to teach him to target the receiver in response to the tone(and work up to longer distances), or just teach him to only come to the husband in response to the tone(who is the only one who hunts with him and handles him at field trials). Anyway, still going well. :)