szecsuani

Experienced Member
... this is our Christmas video:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL8uGA2git0[/MEDIA]
I hope you like it!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Exellent job. ^^ Didn't understand a word of the song, but your dog is cute and you've done well with him. =) Happy Holidays!

szecsuani

Experienced Member
This is a French Christmas song.
I started learning French this september, so I didn't understand much of it too... :msngiggle:

l_l_a

Szecsuani that is a wonderful video! You and your dog make a great team!! Your dog is performing very nicely and is so eager to work with you, it is a joy to watch. I also like your choice of music! I don't understand the words, but I think it is a very good fit to your video. Will you be using this music for your upcoming freestyle competition (if I recall you said you are getting ready for a competition, or a performance)? keep up the good work! :)

szecsuani

Experienced Member
l_l_a;2395 said:
Szecsuani that is a wonderful video! You and your dog make a great team!! Your dog is performing very nicely and is so eager to work with you, it is a joy to watch. I also like your choice of music! I don't understand the words, but I think it is a very good fit to your video. Will you be using this music for your upcoming freestyle competition (if I recall you said you are getting ready for a competition, or a performance)? keep up the good work! :)
Well, I don't feel like we are ready for a competition, so we wont compete (does this word mean what I want it to mean?) yet.
And thank you very much!:msngrin:
And she is only this eager to work, when se know I have food...:msngiggle::msnblushing:

leema

Your dog is so happy and has such a distinctive face. :) I like the music too. Looking forward to seeing more videos!

bipa

Thought you might enjoy a translation :dogsmile:
Note: Those who know French will realise that this isn't a literal translation, but rather takes into account the nuances of meaning.

Saint -Nicolas C’est aujourd’hui ta fête
Saint Nicolas, Today is Your Festival

Saint-Nicolas, c’est aujourd’hui ta fête,
Saint Nicholas, today is your festival,
Maman m'a dit de ranger mes souliers.
Mother said to put out my shoes.

Je les ai mis devant la cheminée,
I put them in front of the hearth,
Et pour ton âne, un petit bol de blé.
And for your donkey, a small bowl of corn.

Saint-Nicolas, as-tu reçu ma lettre?
Saint Nicolas, did you receive my letter?
As-tu trouvé ce que je demandais?
Did you find the things I want?

Saint-Nicolas, si tu descends du ciel,
Saint Nicolas, if you descend from the sky,
Saint-Nicolas, passe donc te réchauffer.
Saint Nicolas, this comes to warm you.

Saint-Nicolas, c’est aujourd’hui ta fête.
Saint Nicolas, today is your festival,
Saint-Nicolas, surtout ne m'oublie pas.
Saint Nicolas, especially do not forget me.

P.S. Really enjoyed the video!