Your Feedback About This Site

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

As you know, my duty as the President of the Dog Trick Academy is to provide you with the best website experience possible. In order to do so, I need your feedback… Could you take a minute and write a paragraph or two about your experience on the website?

What do you like most about this website?
What would you like to see added to this website?
Is there anything you would like to see changed on this website?
Did you receive any instruction, help or tips that were helpful to your training?
What is the biggest thing that you’ve learned on this website?
What would you love to learn more of on this website?
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
Thank you so much for answering these simple questions. Your feedback is very much appreciated and it will help me make this website even better, and reach more people to build a love-trust relationship with their dog!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you very much for the replies. Some of the things mentioned are on my to-do list, which is quite large so I may not get to them immediately. :) I'm currently making a dog training course that is going to follow the old classroom's format, kind-of, but presented in a much better fashion.

southerngirl

Honored Member
I love how everyone is so helpful and it's more like a community of dog lovers unlike other dog forums, also I love the trick challenges. I wish more people would post challenges, I also liked the "How to training video" as tigerlily mentioned.
What would you like seen added to this website?
I would like to have a dog profile where you can info. about your dog like the old trick page had. I know you can do that on your profile page, but the one on the old trick page was really neat.
Did you receive any instruction, help or tips that were helpful to your training?
Yes, I have received very helpful instruction and have learned a lot of things to help train my dog. People on this website know a lot about dogs and give helpful tips unlike most dog forums were the people usually know what they are talking about.
I've learned a lot of things, but one thing that I find really helpful and interesting is calming signals and Kikopup. Before joining this website I had never heard of calming signals, I find them very helpful. Also I've found/learned some new tricks to teach Missy.
I can't think of anything for this one, I've already learned so much from this website.
Like tigerlily said, I wish more people would comment and post. Is there anyway you could encourage members to join in on the conversations and not be scared to post, we want to hear how their training is going, what tricks they have taught, and want them to ask for help if they need it. I really wish people would become more involved in it instead of just reading it. So can you possibly find a way to get people to become more involved for example like tigerlily and texascowgirl, running_dog. That would be great :)

Tigerlily you don't have to feel so lonely anymore.:p

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Like tigerlily said, I wish more people would comment and post. Is there anyway you could encourage members to join in on the conversations and not be scared to post, we want to hear how their training is going, what tricks they have taught, and want them to ask for help if they need it. I really wish people would become more involved in it instead of just reading it. So can you possibly find a way to get people to become more involved for example like tigerlily and texascowgirl, running_dog.
I agree. I think an incentive for new members to post an introduction might do it. How about they receive a free training guide when they post their first message? It would require work to create tho.

orpheum

I can't seem to figure out how the trickster profile thingy works.
Is there a monthly challenge?
Could be my "bad English" or maybe I just missed a part of the site :confused:

Anyways, looking forward to learn and help other people.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I can't seem to figure out how the trickster profile thingy works.
Is there a monthly challenge?
Could be my "bad English" or maybe I just missed a part of the site :confused:

Anyways, looking forward to learn and help other people.
Sorry for the confusion, we had to remove the "Trickster" section because of all the bugs and conflicts. But we are still having "challenges", you can view them by clicking here.

GEORGE'SDAD

I LOVE the interaction from trainers and dog lovers of every skill level!!! Everyone here is so nice and helpful! It's all about the dogs here and nobody's ego gets in the way.
I Would like to see a photo album section on each members' profile so we can go to friends' pages and see pics of thei dogs, etc.
Besides adding a photo album section to each person's profile, no. The site is great!
I learned of clicker training because of this site, and I am now starting to impliment that in daily training with my dogs.
Like I said, the site is great, the people on the site are awesome!!! Glad I stumbled upon the site!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol, my comment is gone now,:confused::eek: but i so agree with others above! Is a great site!
To George's Dad, i so agree, it'd be fun if everyone posted photos of their dog on their profile page. Sometimes when i read a post, i wonder, "Well, what kind of dog do they have?" or something, and look on their page to see,
and they've written nothing on their "Info" tab.:oops:

btw, one can post photos under their "Information" tab on their profile page, but, i think if that tab was re-named "Info and Photos of my dog" or "About My Dog" or something, maybe more ppl would fill it in...(not sure)

Maybe even some basic questions could be posted under "Info" to prompt ppl to fill it in,(?)
like "what kind of dog do you have"
or
"how many dogs do you have, names, ages, etc, "
or
"what method of training do you use?"
or
"are you new at training?"
or
"what type of personality does your dog have?" (lol, who doesn't love describing that!:ROFLMAO: )
etc etc.

Evie

Experienced Member
- um... EVERYTHING! It's so friendly and such a good source of information on positive dog training :) so awesome.

Private messaging between users. Only because I don't feel like giving the entire world my phone number....

mmm, nope! Love it :)

Yes, to be more specific - nearly everything i've ever been told on here? :)

Clicker = my best friend thanks to this website

I think you've pretty much covered everything, or at least have an apropriate section in which it could be covered :)

Thanks to Jean Cote for an awesome resource and a great friendly doggy community :D!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//"What would you like to see added to this website?
Private messaging between users. Only because I don't feel like giving the entire world my phone number...."//

Evie you CAN send anyone here a private message!!:)
go to inbox, click on "new message" EDIT---it's called "start a conversation"

and after you type in note, then, begin to type in name of person, and it pops up to click on it.
no one can read those msgs except you two members.

If you type in person's name first, you can accidentally send it before you finish, lol.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Nobody in my immediate circle of friends - or even clients is as passionate about training as I am - I am so glad to be around people who are!

I really, really, really want the trickster area back! And I love the photo album idea but am going to check out the info tabs to see if I missed something tigerlily was talking about.

Everything is lovely - if you wanted to add a couple of theme/skin choices to the forum boards - that could be fun but otherwise nope.

Everyday - I love that I learn something, get a new idea and/or receive critiques that make me think - LOVE IT!!

How amazingly talented young people are...(LOL)

We're doing pretty well - just have to keep on trucking.

Thanks to Jean Cote for an awesome resource and a great friendly doggy community ! [DITTO]

Evie

Experienced Member
//"What would you like to see added to this website?
Private messaging between users. Only because I don't feel like giving the entire world my phone number...."//

Evie you CAN send anyone here a private message!!:)
go to inbox, click on "new message" EDIT---it's called "start a conversation"

and after you type in note, then, begin to type in name of person, and it pops up to click on it.
no one can read those msgs except you two members.

If you type in person's name first, you can accidentally send it before you finish, lol.

OOOOHHHH!! blonde moment :$

Thanks!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
lol @ Evie! rofl!

to Lisa
//"but am going to check out the info tabs to see if I missed something tigerlily was talking about."//
oh no, there's isn't anything much under "Info" tab, lol, you haven't missed anything, i was just trying to think of ways to prompts new members (and some long time members)
to fill in their info tabs, and post photos of their dogs there, too.:D

I wish more ppl would write in, type of dog, age of dog, maybe a brief write up about their dog, training, etc.
as well as i wish more ppl would put in what country they live in, or even what state, if in USA. It seems to come up, now and then, where knowing even roughly where in the world they are, could be helpful to know.