Your Favourite K9 Freestyle Routine?

running_dog

Honored Member
I've been looking at a lot of K9 freestyle routines on Youtube, there are quite a number of brilliant routines that take a bit of finding so I thought it would be fun to ask people to post videos of your favourite K9 freestyle routines here in this thread... I'd love to know if you have particular reasons for liking the routines too :cool:

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
This is the first canine freestyle routine I ever saw. I love the partnership and how much fun this dog is having! It is a 'simple' routine compared to a lot of the later elaborate one's but it flows so well and is well choreographed. I think Caroline Scott popularized many of the tricks in the routine and also helped popularize the sport!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Love those! Watching all of these freestyle routines makes me want to choreograph a routine so bad! :p I'm thinking about making a routine to a song from the wizard of oz, and then I could dress up as Dorothy and Chloe could dress up as the lion, or she could just be Toto, since she's already a dog. ;) One of my dog training friends is going to be competing in freestyle for the first time soon, I'm excited to watch. :D

running_dog

Honored Member
This is the first canine freestyle routine I ever saw. I love the partnership and how much fun this dog is having! It is a 'simple' routine compared to a lot of the later elaborate one's but it flows so well and is well choreographed. I think Caroline Scott popularized many of the tricks in the routine and also helped popularize the sport!
I totally love this routine too. They are just so full of the enjoyment of working together.

running_dog

Honored Member
That Charlie Chaplin routine - yes definitely a classic! I like Michele Pouliot's Charlie Chaplin routine too using the music "Smile"

Tina Humphrey is great - I always think of her Heelwork to Music dressage routine
but I'd somehow missed her Show Jumping routine... it's absolutely brilliant! The ideas are so clever and the story so clear.

It fascinates me how each of the teams incorporate the cues in such a way that they are in keeping with the routines.

running_dog

Honored Member
Love those! Watching all of these freestyle routines makes me want to choreograph a routine so bad! :p I'm thinking about making a routine to a song from the wizard of oz, and then I could dress up as Dorothy and Chloe could dress up as the lion, or she could just be Toto, since she's already a dog. ;) One of my dog training friends is going to be competing in freestyle for the first time soon, I'm excited to watch. :D
Here's "If only I had a brain" from the Wizard of Oz :)

running_dog

Honored Member
Can't watch that right now, I definitely will soon. That's the song I planned on doing it to. :)
As far as I can work out (trying to get my head round routines and rule books) the trick at 1:17-1:30 is now considered to be a potential health risk for dogs and would lead to disqualification from Crufts competition under current rules. Still a great routine though and probably no risk at all for that dog :cool::)

running_dog

Honored Member
I don't think I can choose a favorite but this one is very high on my list.
Thanks for sharing one of your favourites :cool:. Yes that is a really nice routine - I've seen it before on the Youtube videos when she was competing at Crufts. Like Tina Humphrey and Chandi they really tell a story :).