Wipe Your Paws

brody_smom

Experienced Member
That's adorable! Love the Blooper reel as well. I thought I was the only one who had a dog who would do things like that. Everyone else has dogs that do only the behavior asked for every time, right? Brody has favorites that he throws in when he gets frustrated or bored. Anyone for "chase your tail"? Boy was I sorry I reinforced for that one!

MaryK

Honored Member
That's adorable! Love the Blooper reel as well. I thought I was the only one who had a dog who would do things like that. Everyone else has dogs that do only the behavior asked for every time, right? Brody has favorites that he throws in when he gets frustrated or bored. Anyone for "chase your tail"? Boy was I sorry I reinforced for that one!
LOL Brody's not the only dog to make mistakes, they (and us) all make mistakes, it's part of the learning curve:) Pays to be careful what you reinforce though!

brody_smom

Experienced Member
LOL Brody's not the only dog to make mistakes, they (and us) all make mistakes, it's part of the learning curve:) Pays to be careful what you reinforce though!
Of course I know all dogs make mistakes, I was being silly! I reinforced "chase your tail" on purpose, though, as I thought it would be fun to have it on cue. Just like the "speak" command, Brody seemed to take it as carte blanche to do it whenever he wants. I have to actually put my hand in his way to get him to stop sometimes, as he can get a little obsessive over it.

Evie

Experienced Member
LOL!

Welcome back! Veronica is looking great! You guys did so well in her rehab :D

That video made my day! I'd completely forgotten about that trick. I remember I began teaching it to Evie when she was still pretty young, and then just completely forgot about it!

Loved the bloopers at the end! Evie tends to just lay down and stare at me if she's unsure of what she should do, although recently she's started picking up any nearby object in her mouth and bringing it to me because I've been heavily reinforcing the cues 'hold' and 'bring it':rolleyes:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Jazzy, that was a fun video to watch! Her "scratch, scratch, with each foot looks like a cool dance step. Also loved Veronica's bloopers. My dogs *never* do things like that. :rolleyes: (fingers crossed) LOL

Thank you!! It's good to know the experts have bloopers too - because sometimes I feel like V and I are "the blind leading the blind" :p

We've been playing around with the cop-cop move and the leg weave - I'd like to try a little dance routine when we're both feeling up to it!