What do you do for a living?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
We are probably all here to train our own dogs - but I'm curious as to what you all do outside this training community.

I am a Monument Engraver; yep, you’ve read right. I drive from cemetery to cemetery to write on tombstones.

My dogs are my escape from the world, or should I say my returning to a normal lifestyle! :dogwub:

jacquelinefane

Hi,

I have never met a monument engraver, it sounds like a very unique job! I used to sell diamonds but now I am a nanny! I also work at a church.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
jacquelinefane;791 said:
Hi,

I used to sell diamonds
How very 'international espionage'. When I'm at parties, am I allowed to say that I know an international diamond smuggler? Go on, can I? :)

I vote Jean for most interesting profession (though he probably doesn't think so).

I drive from cemetery to cemetery to write on tombstones.
We call that graffiti here! :)

Me, I started out as a computer programmer in my youth, but moved into web-development and design about seven years ago.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
collieman said:
I vote Jean for most interesting profession (though he probably doesn't think so).
:msngiggle: Thanks, it's not a bad job at all - but let's just say that there is not too much human interaction. I bring my dog (Chase) with me as much as I can.

jacquelinefane said:
I used to sell diamonds but now I am a nanny! I also work at a church.
Sounds like you've found some bigger diamonds to take care of! (the kids) :msngrin:

collieman said:
Me, I started out as a computer programmer in my youth, but moved into web-development and design about seven years ago.
Working from home... Ah the good life! :msngrin:

fletcher

I too have never met a monument engraver!! Very different. My job is somewhat less interesting - Real Estate. I have to say that the number of houses I have sold since getting my puppy has sharply decreased!! More puppy training (and reading of this website) than matching people to their new homes - it is hard when the wee one is so much more rewarding (albiet not financially!)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I hope you are not living in the U.S. I heard there is a housing crisis there, or even here for that matter. People pay $500,000 for a house when they make $70,000 in a year, that's unreal.

Talk about being enslaved by your mortgage payments.....

fletcher

Hi Jean

I have been hearing alot about the crash in property prices in the states - has it hit canada as well? It has not hit here yet (New Zealand) however the market has really slowed down..... watch this space......

Prices are very high. We have similar figures in the area we live in as you quoted above. It is getting very hard to buy your first home.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
No in Canada the prices are still way high, but the bubble will eventually burst and I'll buy my own home then. :)

storm22

Experienced Member
i work at the riding school for the disabled, and a horse massager which doenst leave me alot of time at the moment getting my business of the ground so storm and i do alot of walking at night

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear that you make the time available to your dog, even tho you are busy! :) Good job!

mopar53190

I am a supervisor at a food manufacturing plant. I feel like a adult baby sitter at times, I'd rather be dog sitter than a adult sitter. I have alot of respect for people who persue there passion, I really never have. I enjoy outdoor activities and working on cars, but I worked on cars for a living at one point and decided hobbies are hobbies for a reason. Besides I figure they would not call it work if it was fun.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I have alot of respect for people who persue there passion, I really never have.
Seems to me like you are right now, by training your dog you are doing something you are passionate about. :)