Update On Missy!

MaryK

Honored Member
So sorry to hear Dodge has injured himself, unfortunately that type of accident can happen, especially when it's pitch black. But very pleased to hear he hasn't done any serious damage to his leg. Oh yes, he's well worth the wait and I just know he'll LOVE being showered with TLC, the perfect 'healing' for a sore leg:D:love:

Hope your Mom does drive you over tomorrow, it's a pain having to rely on someone else, I'm in the same boat as I don't drive. I think Mom's though are more helpful than partners!!!!!!!!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
So sorry to hear Dodge has injured himself, unfortunately that type of accident can happen, especially when it's pitch black. But very pleased to hear he hasn't done any serious damage to his leg. Oh yes, he's well worth the wait and I just know he'll LOVE being showered with TLC, the perfect 'healing' for a sore leg:D:love:

Hope your Mom does drive you over tomorrow, it's a pain having to rely on someone else, I'm in the same boat as I don't drive. I think Mom's though are more helpful than partners!!!!!!!!
That's why I'm not anxious to ride him at the moment -- happy to wait until he makes a full recovery.

Yes, Moms are very helpful (y) -- especially when they get extra help around the house to make up for all the driving!

MaryK

Honored Member
That's why I'm not anxious to ride him at the moment -- happy to wait until he makes a full recovery.

Yes, Moms are very helpful (y) -- especially when they get extra help around the house to make up for all the driving!
Hope he's healing well. He's just GORGEOUS and well worth waiting for!:):love:

LOL the way to a Mom's heart - help out around the house!:D Mom's are the best, I sure miss my Mom so much. Wish it worked the same way with a partner!:(

MissyBC

Experienced Member
I went up to the barn this afternoon with my mom and Dodge's cut is healing quite well. :) I just e-mailed my riding instructor to find out if Dodge will be useable to ride on Saturday. Let's hope!!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Dodge is able to be ridden again! Yay!! Oh... and they fixed the hole in the pipe - They covered it with gravel. :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Dodge is able to be ridden again! Yay!! Oh... and they fixed the hole in the pipe - They covered it with gravel. :)
YEAH!!!!!!!!! Thrilled Dodge is able to be ridden now!!!!!!!!:D(y) It's all that TLC, along with a healthy horse, which has enabled him to heal so quickly!!!!:love::D(y)

Glad they've fixed the culprit of all the trouble, that's responsible horse ownership!(y)

Enjoy yourself I know you and Dodge will have a blast together. And LOL spare a thought or two for all the 'jealous' people, who would also love to be out horse riding on that 'special' horse!:LOL:

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Just letting you all know... I had a horse show on Saturday and competed in two jumping classes with Dodge.

The first class I competed in was Hunter Over Fences -- this class they focus on your form over fences (two foot fences) -- class #9 -- I placed 5th -- I guess I have some more work to do? :)
The second class was a Jumpers Mini Prix (Max 2 foot fences) -- class #11 -- I placed 2nd! (and I placed 5th on Dodge in April at my last horse show)

AHH! :D I was shocked when the announcer handed me the 2nd place ribbon! GOOD BOY, Dodge! :love: And... I guess I did something right too, as he wouldn't have jumped the course otherwise! He really didn't like the hay bale jump fillers or the colourful jumps... he refused a few times, but I went right back to the jumps and got him to go over them anyway.

Sorry, no photos were taken. :(

ackerleynelson

I know you coul
First of all, sorry for being inactive on the forum lately. I've been busy! That doesn't mean I haven't been working with Missy all summer! I have been.

What Missy and I have been doing over the summer:

1. Foundation Agility classes - our last one for this session is tomorrow (total = 2 months).

2. Working on "leave it/come" with cars at the park - it's working! - she ignores them on her long line from a distance 75% of the time or so... one "leave it" cue and she just watches - but doesn't give chase! (she's on her long line - 30 and 15 ft line put together = 45 feet in total)

On another note: I've ridden horseback for 11 years now. I'm taking some time off of Agility training with Missy, and plan to part board a horse - I can go from month to month; I believe I don't have to commit to more than a month at a time. Which I'm glad about as I do love to spend as much time as I can with Missy. Don't worry, I will still be working with her to get her reliable off leash - just no Agility lessons for now.

I just wanted to update you all on Missy's progress, and my horse plans as well.

Cheers!!
I know you could definitely do it...

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Thanks kassidybc and MaryK. :)

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be part boarding Dodge for the winter (November - February), as it gets cold and wet with freezing rain, snow, hail, etc.

Plus, winter is coming and that means bad roads at times -- and my mom doesn't like bad driving! Also, both my mom and I ended up staying at the barn for no less than 4 hours every time we went which isn't fair to her. When I first started part boarding Dodge, my mom and I figured that she would be able to just drop me off and pick me up later as she thought other people would be there.

Nope! We were wrong about that, except for once a week (Saturdays).

I hope to go up today for my last ride on him. :cry: I've just started having fun on him because originally he wouldn't get going so I don't feel I'm ready to say "goodbye". I'll still be able to see him every week, just not ride him as I won't be part boarding him anymore.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
That's so sad, I'm sorry about that! Like Danielle said, at least you get to see him still, but I'm sure that must be hard.

MaryK

Honored Member
That's such a shame, so sorry to hear about it. As Danielle said though at least you'll get to see him, tough though, I can really feel for you. But Dodge will not forget you, that's for sure.:)