Update On Dog Trick Academy

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!

I just wanted to take a minute to write about the upcoming changes that will be happening to the Dog Trick Academy in the next month. The site will be undergoing a complete re-design and the front page will feature some dog trick training lessons and tutorials.

I’ve made the personal decision of taking my passion of training dogs – and turning it into a medium in which I can help thousands of other dog owners around the world. This will be a very big project for me as I plan on releasing dozens of video lessons and tutorials.

Of course, the discussion forum will not be affected by these changes (other than perhaps, looking a little better visually).

Thank you all for your understanding and support.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Mary.

I was hoping to update the discussion forum and add more features at the same time, but unfortunately the software that I use (XenForo) has gotten sued by the other two largest bulletin board systems (vBulletin and IPB) and they have to put all of their money and efforts into fighting the lawsuits.

MaryK

Honored Member
What a bummer! Hope XenForo win against the 'big guns' sounds like they're not happy with the sucess of XenForo:eek:

I feel sure all members are happy though with the Discussion Forum it works really well and, as you know, is widely read and very popular:D

Linda A

Experienced Member
One of the things I really liked, when I first looked at this site, were the training videos of yours. I was disappointed to find there weren't many of them. I'm really glad you have made the decision to add training and tutorial videos!!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
One of the things I really liked, when I first looked at this site, were the training videos of yours. I was disappointed to find there weren't many of them. I'm really glad you have made the decision to add training and tutorial videos!!
Thanks Linda. There was a time where I had an entire classroom of videos however I found the videos very low quality and were filmed in my basement beside my computer (back in 07,08). But now the new videos are going to be much better in terms of quality and content. :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Jean, I am so glad i found your site. i downloaded your ebook and was pleasantly surprised when i read itl. i actually printed it out and use it daily. Bonnie likes the tricks as much as i do and my husband just laughs and her enthusiasm. thanks again. jeannie:LOL:
That's awesome! Glad my eBook helped out. But you should really pat yourself on the back because you are the one who took initiative and put in the energy to train your dog. :)