Trick Challenge: Limp

MaryK

Honored Member
I would start with her in front of you and get her to target each of your hands in turn with alternate feet while you back away. That way it feels like a different trick to her.
Thank you running dog:D Brilliant idea.(y) She already knows target with both paws (though being right pawed still prefers the right paw). She'll also target to a target stick - LOL saves me bending a lot!

Name for the trick - trot??? And hand signal - totally blank on that one so any suggestions please?:D

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Thank you running dog:D Brilliant idea.(y) She already knows target with both paws (though being right pawed still prefers the right paw). She'll also target to a target stick - LOL saves me bending a lot!

Name for the trick - trot??? And hand signal - totally blank on that one so any suggestions please?:D
What about calling it 'passage' like in dressage? And if you could then teach it on the spot - 'piaffe'? Maybe you could have yourself a little dressage Kelpie x on your hand there! :D

MaryK

Honored Member
What about calling it 'passage' like in dressage? And if you could then teach it on the spot - 'piaffe'? Maybe you could have yourself a little dressage Kelpie x on your hand there! :D
Brilliant idea Ripley girl thank you:)(y) Yes, could well teach her on the spot too! Two great tricks for Canine Freestyle and will use dressage terminology in future.

LOL yep, make up for not having a horse and she'd be brilliant at puissance as well, she can leap high and wide!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
I have unfortunately not got anywhere with this one as of yet to be able to video anything.... :( Gonna put it on the back burner and work on the new challenge then come back to it...
Aw that's a shame but putting limp on the back burner is a good idea, Kassidy is doing that with Chloe and so too is Brody's Mom with Brody. Often, when you return to the trick, the dogs will do it with ease!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Brilliant idea Ripley girl thank you:)(y) Yes, could well teach her on the spot too! Two great tricks for Canine Freestyle and will use dressage terminology in future.

LOL yep, make up for not having a horse and she'd be brilliant at puissance as well, she can leap high and wide!:D
I'm in the same boat with not currently having a horse... :( Would love another one but don't have the time and money to give one a good home at the mo... Leaf may be a little on the small side to ride but I think would make an excellent Freestyle 'Dressage' Doggie! And maybe leaping leaf could venture into showjumping too when a bit older!

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm in the same boat with not currently having a horse... :( Would love another one but don't have the time and money to give one a good home at the mo... Leaf may be a little on the small side to ride but I think would make an excellent Freestyle 'Dressage' Doggie! And maybe leaping leaf could venture into showjumping too when a bit older!
Same here. Plus living here (Australia) to keep a horse you have to live in bush fire territory, unlike home, and that scares the bejeebers out of me.

Yes she's a little too small to ride, plus LOL I somehow think she would prefer to be the rider not the ridden (she's a true Diva) but I agree she will make a excellent Freestyle "Dressage Doggie". And oh yes, as Leaping Leaf she well could venture into the showjumping, once she's a bit older - she'd LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!! Clear rounds against the clock - no problems Mom I'll do it with bells on!

MaryK

Honored Member
Oh yes, we've already started on her two new 'dressage' tricks and must say she's doing rather well. She's working on her crawl chain of course, but takes a break to do her 'dressage' passage and piaffe are coming on better actually than her crawl. More her style I feel - well Diva's don't crawl do they!

Anneke

Honored Member
I started on this trick, last week. Before I was back here.
I am at the very first stage. Jin knows give paw, so now I am trying to get her to not touch my hand. She feels she NEEDS to touch my hand or leg:confused:
Cooper is a bit better, he will give paw, without touching me, so with him I am aiming for a longer holding up the paw.
Too late to join in the challenge, but I never was going to finish that in two weeks anyway:D
But here is the video of the first session(sorry, tekst is in dutch...)

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I started on this trick, last week. Before I was back here.
I am at the very first stage. Jin knows give paw, so now I am trying to get her to not touch my hand. She feels she NEEDS to touch my hand or leg:confused:
Cooper is a bit better, he will give paw, without touching me, so with him I am aiming for a longer holding up the paw.
Too late to join in the challenge, but I never was going to finish that in two weeks anyway:D
But here is the video of the first session(sorry, tekst is in dutch...)
Your dogs are so beautiful! Cooper is a big boy! He looks like a Bernese Mountain dog body on Aussie legs!