Trick Challenge: Hide Your Eyes

running_dog

Honored Member
Sorry I'm not going to get Zac's video posted today, I have a sort of job interview tomorrow and it is already getting a bit late...

MaryK

Honored Member
Great job everyone! It took me FOREVER to teach this to Jinx. Wanted a shame while sitting, but that did not work. Finally I had her lie down and now she has it! Cooper on the other hand gets the idea, but somehow doesn't seem to be able to put his paw ON his nose:D
Here is a vid of them doing shame. It's an old one. Jinx has lost the double paw action, unfortunately. I thought that was cute. Watch for the double dog action :D
Jinx offers shame all of the time! Even in sessions with other tricks as I am working with Cooper and she has to wait her turn. Or when I am training it with Cooper. From the corner of my eye I will see her do shame.
I thought I had some earlier training sessions, as I trained this using the gentle leader, because the tape and elastic bands were not working for us. They both hate the gentle leader and don't need it anymore for walking, so it served another purpose;) But apparently I haven't put them up on youtube.
Great video!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's taking Leaf FOREVER to learn this trick too! She's still at the 'supported stage":(

Love the double paw action!

MaryK

Honored Member
Stayed up all night to get Leaf's Shy vid up. Don't no why but my editor saved it in VLC(avi) and FB refused to upload - darn them!!!!!!!!!! And pardon quality, we had to shoot inside as we've had wet,windy, storms, hail, power loss and storms!!!!!!!! I LOVE this weather but Leaf and 'camera man' both refused to work outside!:rolleyes:

She's still needing to be supported, much more so than she did with Limp. But she will use both right and left paws, so hopefully once she finally 'gets it' she'll still do it with both paws. She does bow with paws crossed and a kind of shy, head down alongside crossed paws, but unfortunately the batteries ran out before I could get that on video.:(

Hope it plays o.k. I haven't checked it properly as it's 8.a.m. in the morning and I need some :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

running_dog

Honored Member
Stayed up all night to get Leaf's Shy vid up.

Hope it plays o.k. I haven't checked it properly as it's 8.a.m. in the morning and I need some :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Now I feel really guilty for not getting Zac's video done!
I wanted to get the next challenge up though.
All being well I'll watch your video and catch up on the rest of the Challenge threads tomorrow... and get Zac's videoed and posted
Sleep well!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Yay, Missy Got It. So I was eating french fries when I looked down at Missy and she did shame!! I did not cue her or tell her she just did it. I had her do "shame" a few more times and she did, yay! Of course she got some french fries for being such a smart girl. Miss Piper is still working on it, and getting closer.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Stayed up all night to get Leaf's Shy vid up. Don't no why but my editor saved it in VLC(avi) and FB refused to upload - darn them!!!!!!!!!! And pardon quality, we had to shoot inside as we've had wet,windy, storms, hail, power loss and storms!!!!!!!! I LOVE this weather but Leaf and 'camera man' both refused to work outside!:rolleyes:

She's still needing to be supported, much more so than she did with Limp. But she will use both right and left paws, so hopefully once she finally 'gets it' she'll still do it with both paws. She does bow with paws crossed and a kind of shy, head down alongside crossed paws, but unfortunately the batteries ran out before I could get that on video.:(

Leaf is doing great. And LOL at the end your camera man got distracted and started filming your very beautiful cat.:ROFLMAO:

running_dog

Honored Member
Here is a vid of them doing shame. It's an old one. Jinx has lost the double paw action, unfortunately. I thought that was cute. Watch for the double dog action :D
The way Cooper looks at Jinx at 1:23 is very funny. Also Cooper reminds me of Zac, "Hey! You didn't give me a treat... if that's the way you want it I'll just go to sleep, so there!"
Jinx is really keen and she's got a very good shame!

running_dog

Honored Member
It has to do with the way he positions himself. He lies down all relaxed and then uses the leg he is lying on. But he still hasn't figured out that he can use his other leg.
I had that with cross paws. Zac would slump and then he wouldn't be able to lift the paw I was trying to train. I think he probably did it on purpose.

running_dog

Honored Member
That last vid was made about a year ago. Here is one I did today :)
More great double dog action :cool:
It is funny how they look like the way they do the tricks... Jinx looks attentive and intelligent and Cooper looks a little like a big friendly bear.
If only Zac would get even half as good as this :rolleyes:

running_dog

Honored Member
LOL your kitty was getting very jealous of all the attention Leaf was getting! And just like a cat she was so persistent that she managed to steal the show in the end.
Leaf is so very serious about this trick isn't she? I think she is going to have a marvellously guilty looking shame when she really figures this out.
The bow with shy sounds fun too.

running_dog

Honored Member
Yay, Missy Got It. So I was eating french fries when I looked down at Missy and she did shame!! I did not cue her or tell her she just did it. I had her do "shame" a few more times and she did, yay! Of course she got some french fries for being such a smart girl. Miss Piper is still working on it, and getting closer.
Congratulations! Well done to you both! So cool that Missy figured it out and offered shame when she wanted french fries :cool: .

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member

Well done you two! You are doing great! Love the idea of the bow shy too!

So typical of a cat the way she behaved too! Every show is a cat's show no matter who the star of the vid is meant to be! :ROFLMAO: