The Yellow Dog Project

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you for sharing, I do know of this but it's always good to be reminded. Plus this site shows all the counties where it's been adopted.:)

Linda A

Experienced Member
I learned about this on facebook and think it's a great idea. Some one suggested a red ribbon for dogs with aggression issues. Sort of like putting a red ribbon on the tail of a horse that kicks.

Evie

Experienced Member
I learned about this on facebook and think it's a great idea. Some one suggested a red ribbon for dogs with aggression issues. Sort of like putting a red ribbon on the tail of a horse that kicks.
I used to do that with my horse when I was showing and I'd still get people and horses a like ride right up behind us :@ It's like they were trying to get kicked... :rolleyes:

Love the yellow ribbon idea in theory, it's just a matter of making more people aware of it.... which is easier said than done, but hey, this is a good a place as any to start!

Mr-Remington

Experienced Member
I love this, I read about a while back. I agree that it just a matter of making people aware.

I've considered doing it with Remi on our walks in busy places, because kids run up to him and he tends to nip at the face when he is to excited (Its ment to be a kiss) And I would be given the chance to teach younger children about the project.

Linda A

Experienced Member
Our parks have poop bag dispensers. Might be a good idea to print out some of the signs and post them on the dispenser poles. LOL!

MaryK

Honored Member
The red ribbon is used extensively with horses with may kick, hopefully a yellow ribbon will catch on with dogs.

Great idea with the poop bag dispensers!