Salmon Crack

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I finally got around to making these. They were super easy, but boy, did they stink up the house! Everyone was asking if Brody got scared, the house smelled as if he had released his anal sacs! They also leave a smell on your hands for quite a while. He did love them, but the recipe was quite large, so they ended up going moldy before we could finish them, even though we kept them in the fridge. I would recommend freezing them in ziploc bags or something.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
The recipe calls for canned salmon. I think you can use whatever you'd like - I think the quantity is more important than the kind of fish, and certainly it doesn't have to be fresh caught. Tinned or canned is perfect. I subsitute things in recipes all the time (and I fudge a bit on the quantities too:LOL:). I bet your dog will like whatever you make! (y):cool:

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
The recipe calls for canned salmon. I think you can use whatever you'd like - I think the quantity is more important than the kind of fish, and certainly it doesn't have to be fresh caught. Tinned or canned is perfect. I subsitute things in recipes all the time (and I fudge a bit on the quantities too:LOL:). I bet your dog will like whatever you make! (y):cool:
Thanks Jackienmutts, I asked about the fresh caught fish as my hubby brings home a glut of fresh mackerel when he goes fishing in the summer and I sometimes run out of ways to use it! The oils of the fish is great for Ripley's coat and she loves it so thought it would be a great way of using it and as a training treat without getting disgustingly fishy fingers!;)