Requested: Your Input On This Website

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Everyone!

I'm Jean, the founder of this website. I haven't been on the site for quite some time since I have been very busy in the "real world". I created this website over 6 years ago and I think it is now due for an up-lift!

I have 30 days ahead of me to make changes to the website. And I would like to know what YOU would like to see changed . Would you like to see more of one thing? Or create a new section of the website? Change the subscriptions? Get rid of the Store? Maybe create more trick challenges?

You can let me know by either replying to this thread, or by sending me a Private Message (in case you don't want others to read).

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
If i could be queen, and boss one item around, i'd have it set up easier to post photos into threads. I am older person, and i find the current set up very very tricky for me to use to insert a photo into the post----BUT this could just be me!!!

anytime i want to add a photo, i have to go locate this reply i once got on how to add a photo into post............ study it up, and THEN add the photo.

On other websites, i just click "add a photo" and then hit "browse", select the photo, and wa-la! the photo shows up in the post, easy as pie, even technically challenged geezers like me can do it!! ha ha!!! NOt sure IF that is an option you have any say about, but, if you can change that, i think that is good idea.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I have seen other ppl mention they miss the trick challenges of the past. Me, i don't often have access to camera, etc, but, i have heard some others ask where that went, as if they missed it.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
oR, MAYBE, just off top of my head, and i readily admit, i know NOTHING about website designs and what is good thing to do, but, i wonder, IF the "lounge" section, was more prominent on home page, like, readily visible right off the bat,:msnohyes: if that would be helpful????

then people might see and be drawn to explore alllllllllll the various areas,maybe people would be more likely to post their questions in proper area to get replies.....and People not interested in whatever discussion is on the portal can notice, "Wow! Look at all these other discussions going on!! " kinda thing????

cuz the portal quickly fills up, and bumps interesting threads right off the homepage in short periods of time, before anyone gets to notice it, kind of.....

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all for the suggestions. They're all great! Please keep them coming as I will be planning my schedule in the coming days. :dogsmile:

xena98

Experienced Member
Hi Guys
Havent written on here for ages but one thing that I do miss and so do my other friends that are on here. you use to have the monthly challenges and a little video of how to do it ie cop cop they were brilliant and you can go out the back and have a shot. that was before it got changed
cheers
Danni

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I really do hope you can consider making the "Lounge" area hard to miss/easy to spot, JUST IMMEDIATELY, from home page.

Like, so they can see that whole list of topics:msnohyes: right off the bat, might help newbies post their questions in areas where they can be seen.

GOOD LUCK JEAN, GOOD LUCK!! WE ALL SURE DO APPRECIATE ALLLLLLLL THE HARD WORK YOU DO HERE TO MAKE THIS THE BEST OF ALL DOG SITES!!!!!!!!!

:yipi:and i hope you decide to keep the lil smilley guys, i love those! ha ha!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone use the Blog Section of the site? I was looking at it and it doesn't seem to be much used, and there are some members asking questions in their own blogs which never get answered. Maybe it would be best to keep it a Forum-Only?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
tigerlily46514;22925 said:
If i could be queen, and boss one item around, i'd have it set up easier to post photos into threads. I am older person, and i find the current set up very very tricky for me to use to insert a photo into the post----BUT this could just be me!!!

anytime i want to add a photo, i have to go locate this reply i once got on how to add a photo into post............ study it up, and THEN add the photo.

On other websites, i just click "add a photo" and then hit "browse", select the photo, and wa-la! the photo shows up in the post, easy as pie, even technically challenged geezers like me can do it!! ha ha!!! NOt sure IF that is an option you have any say about, but, if you can change that, i think that is good idea.
Done. You can now click on "ATTACH PHOTO" anytime you reply to messages and the photo will be attached to your message.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
practice upload photo...(i'm not on my OWN computer this week, so this computer has crazy photo program, so if this does not work, i bet i could do it in my OWN computer!!!)
YAY!! I DID IT!!!

I notice, if i go back to "edit" i can not THEN add in a photo using the 'browse' method, but, at least i can do it on first try. The AWESOME browse-to-add-a-photo feature disappears during 'edit' mode, BUT, that is not big deal. no WAIT---THE BROWSE TO ADD A PHOTO is still there on 'edit', you just have to click, "Go Advanced" in the choices below, IF YOU ARE IN EDIT MODE!!! YAY!!!

BIG HUGS TO YOU, JEAN!!!!:yhug:

YEAH, btw, i hear you about the blogs, i can see your dilemma there, Jean, i don't use them, and people DO post questions there....
If you do chose to keep the blog section----i wonder how you can channel people's questions into the "Lounge" area?

LIke somehow, repeating throughout website, "Please post any QUESTIONS into Lounge area for better response."
--------or------------
"Click HERE for help or to post QUESTIONS, click HERE!!!" <===And the word "HERE" leads to "Lounge"...?...........have something like THAT across top of each page of website, no matter what page they are on, they'll see:msncool: that forums (lounge) is best place to post quesitons or ideas, etc............???

Or, post some giant, blinking, animated thingie, that shows up on top of each page, "Please post questions into 'Lounge' (forum) area, ----to be easier seen and replied to." or something....???
?????

GOOD LUCK WITH ALL THESE DECISIONS, JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rouen

Experienced Member
I can't say I miss the trick contests as I didn't know about this site until about a year after the last ones were done, but they were what initially drew me to this site. I would like to see them back.
One thing that bugs me about this site is it's constantly logging me off, is there anyway you can make it so when someone checks "remember me" it will?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
rouen;22985 said:
One thing that bugs me about this site is it's constantly logging me off, is there anyway you can make it so when someone checks "remember me" it will?
I have made some changes to the login script. Please let me know if you still experience this problem.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
How about some user-generated challenges?

How about some user-generated challenges? There would be a criteria to be met before being able to create a challenge, like X amount of Videos, or posts, or been a member for X amount of time.

I think that way there would be less pressure on the moderators to always create and maintain the challenges.