Version 1:
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)**

Preheat oven to 350.
In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional). Add brown rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.
Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, ask first – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go. Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary. If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.

Version 2:

2 eggs
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons flax meal***
1/4 cup water (may need to add more)
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)**
Cook just like the first version^
*You can subsitute Potato flakes but mine is allergic :/
**Often use as a breath mint for dogs
***Flax meal is used to keep the skin healthy and shinny.

MaryK

Honored Member
Ha! Mary, that's what I was going to say, do we have to feed them to the dogs? :LOL::ROFLMAO: They sound really good!!! Can't wait to try them.
Guess we could share Jackie, half for the dogs and some for us for being such marvelous dog trainers:D I'd have to prove to Zeus first though that I wasn't about to poison him, he rejects all new food until Mom has 'tasted' it. :rolleyes:O_o:D This time I could really taste, not pretend:D(y)

charmedwolf

Staff member
I wonder if you added pumpkin spice if it would taste like a pumpkin pie cookie? :D

Add a little cream cheese frosting and there is your holiday cookies ;) I won't tell.

nora

Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
May I be so bold as to add to be careful not to use pumpkin pie filling when using canned pumpkin? There are ingredients that aren't healthy for dogs. But, pumpkin itself is definitely indicated as a healthy item for a dog's digestive system!

Of course, our dog doesn't care much about his digestive system. He eats everything, including cell phone cords.

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you Nora for that tip, really appreciate that(y):)

LOL well no cell phone cords when he was a puppy but Ra Kismet ate crystals, the thingee to open the car and a few other totally indigestible things like KFC snaffled while crossing a road! I think puppies must have cast iron stomachs although the KFC did given him a tum ache:rolleyes:

nora

Thank you Nora for that tip, really appreciate that(y):)

LOL well no cell phone cords when he was a puppy but Ra Kismet ate crystals, the thingee to open the car and a few other totally indigestible things like KFC snaffled while crossing a road! I think puppies must have cast iron stomachs although the KFC did given him a tum ache:rolleyes:
I'm not sure that KFC is indicated as digestible by humans either! Our dog's current favorite is deer droppings. And to make it all the more fun, our yard has loads of them.

MaryK

Honored Member
I'm not sure that KFC is indicated as digestible by humans either! Our dog's current favorite is deer droppings. And to make it all the more fun, our yard has loads of them.
LOL neither am I with KFC, the smells enough to put me off eating it!

What fun - not - deer droppings and a yard full of them EWWWW that's one thing I don't have to worry about Ra Kismet eating. Though a dead bird did take his fancy the other day, fortunately a firm leave actually worked, followed by a mega handful of treats! Nothing like seeing my hand reach for the bait bag to get his attention away from undesirable, indigestible things he would like to swallow!

Now if only I could find a way to stop him devouring with great gusto unrippened Apricots!

nora

Ha, ha, ha, I'm glad it's not us cleaning up the results of those apricots. My husband is very responsible about taking care of the messes his dog makes after eating rubbish One of my web development students wrote a great article for us about cleaning up after dog accidents. http://doggestive.com/News_Reader.aspx?id=441

MaryK

Honored Member
You're sooooooooooooooooo lucky, my partner will ONLY help in a real emergency, like when Ra Kismet caught and started to devour a RAT!!!!!!!!!!! My shrieks for help (I'm not normally a shrieker) did actually bring him grumbling to the scene, thank goodness, as my stomach wasn't in the best condition:sick::sick:

Thank you for the article, have bookmarked it, very useful information(y):)

jakee57

Its a nice and authentic recipes for my dog treat ..
my lovely dog is always glad with home made food treats,,
the dog biscuits recipes is understand by me but here is simple deficiency
that how to make is oven or roast in oil ....so explain whats the next step..

MaryK

Honored Member
Its a nice and authentic recipes for my dog treat ..
my lovely dog is always glad with home made food treats,,
the dog biscuits recipes is understand by me but here is simple deficiency
that how to make is oven or roast in oil ....so explain whats the next step..
I just greased the tray a little and used a baking sheet.:)