Peanut Butter Doggie Bones

My-Dog-Tanner

We always think of cooking for ourselves, but I sometime feel the need to cook for my little furry friend also. Here is a recipe that is so easy to do it is destined to be on your favorites list, and I think on your dog's list too!

Ingredients:
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup low-fat milk​

Cooking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk.
Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well.
Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead.
Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes.
Place on a greased baking sheet and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.​

Enjoy! ;)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I bet these ARE delicious, but, dogs don't reeallly need flour. ever.
Still most ppl think of thier dogs as ppl, and give them flour, as if they are kids.

a lil bit of flour, now and then, i'm sure, is not harmful, but, it's far from a "healthy" dog treat. STILL, your recipe beats almost all "store bought" treats, which are rubbery, toxic balls of sugar, flour, salt, corn syrup, and poisonous preservatives.

Here's an idea of healthier dog treats.

http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/cool-easy-homade-dog-treats.4061/

My-Dog-Tanner

True there is a lot of flour in these, but I guess once in a while it shouldn't be too bad, or at least one cookie here and there... ;) Thanks for the link to the healthier recipe. Sometimes I swap out the flour for oats, would this be healthier for my dog?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Yes, i agree, i do not think a small bit of flour for dogs now and then harms the dog. Some ppl are very very strict about what dogs get, some are very very lax about it. I guess i am in the middle, and don't think a small bit of flour now and then is that bad. Not daily though!

I think oats are better than flour. Flour is more refined, and you need more flour to 'thicken' up a recipe, than oats. If you use oats to thicken a recipe, you can use less.

Still, Tanner, evvvvvvvvvvery recipe you posted, ALL of them, all beat most store bought treats by miles! and miles! I just think store bought treats are just about poisonous!

I'd much rather feed my dog any one of your yummy treats, than a store bought treat!