Not a bad dog....

pjsmommy

I need so insight to P.J.'s mishap. He is a border collie and not a year old yet. He has bitten twice, borken skin. One of the girls he bit needed stitches. My husband is in the military and putting him down is not a choice for us. With my husband not being home alot, PJ makes a wonderfull watch dog. He is a good dog though. He knows all of his basice commands and has never harmed our family. He is very social dog. He is around kids all the time, not so much now though. I dont understand, it has only been girls? What can I do?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
pjsmommy;35 said:
I need so insight to P.J.'s mishap. He is a border collie and not a year old yet. He has bitten twice, borken skin. One of the girls he bit needed stitches. My husband is in the military and putting him down is not a choice for us. With my husband not being home alot, PJ makes a wonderfull watch dog. He is a good dog though. He knows all of his basice commands and has never harmed our family. He is very social dog. He is around kids all the time, not so much now though. I dont understand, it has only been girls? What can I do?
Dog bites are not something to take lightly, if you do not fix it now it will get worse! Next thing you know you will worry about having guests over in fear that your dog might bite them.

It is near impossible to know exactly what the problem is without seeing it in person, but one thing is for sure that you should not allow any biting in your household.

Have you ever considered consulting an animal behaviorist for this problem? I believe you need to find out what caused the biting in the first place, and to know what to do so that he never does it again. I'm positive that if you consult a reputable trainer he will guide you in the right direction.

Let me know if you have any more questions :)

P.S. Now is the time to fix this problem since he is still a puppy!

missie

Jean;38 said:
Dog bites are not something to take lightly, if you do not fix it now it will get worse!
Have you ever considered consulting an animal behaviorist for this problem? I believe you need to find out what caused the biting in the first place, and to know what to do so that he never does it again. I'm positive that if you consult a reputable trainer he will guide you in the right direction.
Hi I agree with the above. Your dog is still young so you can hopefully correct his/her behaviour, a behaviorist would be quite useful as they may point out something your missing. Dogs don't usually just bite without warning so a behaviorist may highlight what may be causing your dog upset, then you can work together to modify the behaviour.

Just a quick though as I used to work in a vets, have you had him/her checked medically, is she in pain in someway thats making her bite/lash out?

Good luck with it I am sure you'll find some solution.:)

harry

In my opinion, he hate girls because in the previous birth he might be a man who is torture or cheated by a girl or girls and in this birth he is taking the revenge:D

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Bah! Being reincarnated into a household pet, especially a border collie would be heaven for me. Think about it - you wouldn't have to work; you can sleep all day and play Frisbee at night! Heaven.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Bah! Being reincarnated into a household pet, especially a border collie would be heaven for me. Think about it - you wouldn't have to work; you can sleep all day and play Frisbee at night! Heaven.

L

lonewolf

Hello
You say he has bit twice and once broken skin ? It sounds more like fear based aggression than anger. Be grateful for that because fear aggression is much easier to break than anger aggression. If it was anger he would have bit and held and shoke the arm, all the time growing more and more angry.

Could you describe in more detail what was happening when the dog bit please?