Newbie here

danemommy

What a neat website!

I'm a sahm of 2 boys (7 & 5yrs), a girl (almost 2) and my furchild, Nano (a 15mo old Merle Great Dane). We adopted Nano from a Dane/Mastiff rescue in Sept of last year. He's so calm around the kids and seems to just be itching to learn things. Our main challenge is leash training, I'm using a haltie when walking him right now. I homeschool our sons and am working on setting aside a special time of day for Nano's walk (that won't get pushed aside for the children's activities and where I can focus on just him).

I can't wait to look around and see what all he can learn! :)

danemommy

Thanks Stormi!

Thanks for the welcome! I've been working my way through reading/watching the lessons this morning (before my herd wakes up :msngrin: ) and have already learned alot.

yoyopoodle

First of all, great pictures!!!

:cool2: Homeschooling rocks! I never went to school until age 16 when I was hired to teach an after-school program :yipi:

You can involve the kids in some of the training too. I used to not teach my dogs certain tricks so that my little brothers could figure it out. For example, once he understands how to gently move a paw (such as 'shake') let the kids teach him 'high 5' and 'wave'. Also, calm things like once he's down to go 'on your side', and 'put your head down'...

Welcome!

danemommy

Thanks Jillian!

Thank you for the welcome Jillian! It's so nice to meet a grown-up homeschooler who's doing so well! :msngrin: I can't wait to see what my guys decide to do with their lives someday (not anytime soon, I enjoy them being little!).

Thanks for the great ideas on involving the boys, I bet they would love that!