New Member Introduction!!

maribeth

Hi,

I am Maribeth from Pittsburgh, PA. Our household consists of 4 cats (Morgan, Kelsey, Crispin and Kaileah) in various stages of clicker training, and 4 dogs (Potter a 7 yo BC, Spencer an 6 yo Aussie, Jessie a 14 yo BC mix, and Petey an 8 lb dynamo at 16 years, and maybe a 2 yo Walker hound soon). We dabble in agility, dock diving, obedience, freestyle, flyball and tracking. I teach dog training at a couple of places (and manage design and construction of public projects for $$ for pet food!). In January we are starting a tricks class, so I am looking for resources for my students and I. This is to be a fun class to make the dark winter go fast!

Maribeth

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I think it is the same thing that bocephus is doing with his dog, where the dog jumps in the air off a dock to catch a rope or toy.

Anyhow, welcome aboard Maribeth! A tricks class sounds awesome, I'm sure people will love it. :dogsmile:

maribeth

Dock Diving

That's dock diving Jean! My BC loves it, he is faster in the water than on the ground, so he beats out the other dogs to the ball in the water.

I love teaching tricks, and have found that most folks would teach a trick over heeling, and a trick is more useful! My little coonhound, who came from a laboratory, hated obedience, but when it became fun, like closing the cabinet doors in the kitchen, she loved it! Then we moved to tricks we could do while walking like spin and sideways walking and she became a pro. It was great to see her blossoming, and that would not have happened without tricks.

Maribeth