New and exciting Tricks!!

mel_wood20

hey!

I've taught my dog, Luna, to do lots of tricks just for fun but for my uni course (amongst other things) i need to train her to do something or a trick that she doesnt know. i want it to be impresive and good to watch!!
She can already do the following so we cant do any of these...
sit
down
stay
beg
dance
paw
high 5
rollover
dead
chase tail
circle me
weave my legs
walk back
crawl
speak
retrive
bow

Do you have any ideas? And if so how do you do them!

Thanks!
Mel and Luna

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the shy trick would be a great addition to your repertoire of dog tricks! If you don't know how to teach it, here is how you do it:

1. Put a piece of tape on the side of your dog's nose.
  2. Click & reward every time she puts her paw on her nose to remove the tape.
With time and practice, she'll do it all the time, and you can put it on command. I will be putting this trick in the later lessons when I have time.

Have fun training your dog!

phoebe

I was able to teach my dog how to hold a treat on her nose and toss it behind her. Also I started to combine tricks. Like my girl can give me her paw and than give me a kiss. I my command was to be a "lady". Oh also if you have your dog speaking on command that you can teach her to count. (kind of)

L

lizzy

Hey, I don't know if this is the type of trick you want, but you could teach her the Bang, Bang trick. That is the one where you say "Bang!" and she limps, then you say "Bang!" again, and she crawls, and then you say "Bang!" and she plays dead.

luna may

You can also teach her to nod or shake her head on cue ("I'm so smart and beautifull, don't you AGREE?") :doglaugh:

luna may

I also heard about "cookie on nose" trick, "book on head" trick, "touch it" trick, "target" trick and "say prayers" trick. :doghappy: