Licking My Hand Before Sleeping

alcastive

Lately Sasha's been sleeping in my bed but for the last 4 days (since i begin to put her between my arms and sleep) she started to lick my hand and not just my hand all my arm before sleeping now first is this a good behavior ? is it a way to say thanks for the day ? or is she cleaning her mouth with my arm lol !

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
It's more like a sign of affection, you can let her do it if you don't mind but I personally don't like it. ;)

rouen

Experienced Member
excessive licking can be a sign of anxiety and/or stress. If she's giving you 3 or 4 little licks then thats probly not the case, but if she's spending a few minutes licking she's probly a bit stressed.

alcastive

Hmm i donno rouen she starts licking my hand all my fingers than she continued on all my arm (while i am hugging her and sleeping) i don't think she's stressed although donno the reason

sara

Staff member
dont want to talk about licking....

I'm VERY sick of being "kissed"....

Mouse is driving me crazy....

OCD "kisses" are NOT pleasant...

MAKE IT STOP!!! LOL

seriously though, licking can be a sign of stress, or of affection, or of boredom, or just something to do. Mine all give kisses when snuggling in to sleep. if you dont like it, move away everytime your pup tries, when the pup is getting nothing out of it, then she will stop.....

..... unless her name is Mouse, then NOTHING YOU DO WILL STOP THE KISSES!

anyone know of a vet that'll amputate tongues? LOL

alcastive

I think it's just affection, no way boredom she's always active and i play with her most of the times, and no way stress my bed my room is all her's so she have her freedom :)

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
If you don't want her to lick you, you could work on teaching her another behavior that you would like. For example: lie down/ put your head down, or on your side.