Let's Make A Video!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
LOL. Well Duke keeps trying to chew the handle of my picnic basket to pieces! Luckily I've always been near to stop him.
His trick is ready to go-just need to wait how the heat to abate so I can shoot it outdoors.... Does he need to roll the blanket out too or is someone else doing that?
My Missy can try to "roll out the blanket"... I just need to find a trick tutorial so I can teach it to her. Been busy with piano practice, piano theory, day trips here and there... etc.

Plan to try to get back to teaching my Missy tricks again soon!

dukey_boy

Okay, last week I got a video of the best performance I'm gonna get. Duke just did not like that trick but I did get him to get out an apple from the basket. Just need to finish uploading it.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Awesome job! Any ideas of how I can teach my Missy to "roll out the blanket? I have a blanket somewhere I think... any suggestions?

running_dog

Honored Member
Okay, last week I got a video of the best performance I'm gonna get. Duke just did not like that trick but I did get him to get out an apple from the basket. Just need to finish uploading it.
Brilliant! Zac hates that sort of trick so I know how hard it is to work through a canine dislike! Well done. Can't wait to see the video :)

running_dog

Honored Member
Awesome job! Any ideas of how I can teach my Missy to "roll out the blanket? I have a blanket somewhere I think... any suggestions?
I think the way I have seen suggested is to roll up a blanket with treats scattered inside it so as the dog pushes the blanket to unroll it it finds the treats, then you fade the treats. I'm guessing Missy already knows how to nose target an object which I think is all the ground work you would need to try that method.

If any of you have ideas on how to get a dog to hold an toy sailboat mast in his mouth without surreptitiously grinding it to smithereens with his teeth I'd love to have some help! I've tried clicking for a momentary hold but Zac WON'T hold without mouthing and then it seems like he's stopped but really that's because he's got the object in his back teeth and he's grinding down on it, then there's a crunch and whatever you asked him to hold falls out of his mouth in two pieces. A long time ago I tried to train him to carry his lead and he seemed to be doing great until I asked him to "drop" and the lead was in bits, that was the end of that trick!

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Good job, Duke! :) Now it's my turn to work with Missy... still haven't taught her to roll out the blanket, but I do plan to at some point (that is... if I can find one) ... I've been busy teaching piano to kids 3 times a week, so it's been a bit hectic around here... don't give up on us though!!

dukey_boy

Anyone else still in? I'm sad that this got left by the wayside. It would have been so much fun to see the end result. :(
What else do we need other than the sad dog looking at the picture?