Jumping Stand

Anneke

Honored Member
I saw this on Susan Garrett's facebookpage and thought it would be nice to teach the stand in this way.
https://www.facebook.com/SusanGarrettDogAgility/app_102515556471926

I am having trouble with teaching Jinx to stand. Especially at a distance and thought maybe she would like it this way.
But it has been a struggle:D The little smart-ass jumps up, yes, but only to land on her bottom again:rolleyes: And she will touch my hand, but not in a jump:rolleyes:
Cooper, on the other hand, totally got it. He loves it!
So funny.
Here is the vid I made last weekend.
Watching it back and hearing myself talk, I realize I may have been watching too many english training vids... I am starting to speak english to my dogs:ROFLMAO: (for those of you who don't know... I am dutch and live in the Netherlands...)

MaryK

Honored Member
Great share vid! Thank you. LOL Jinx maybe should be 'Minx' on this one, she's so cute:love:
She looked like she was starting to 'get it' but can see Cooper has it off pat. Will use this with Ra Kismet, he knows stand but isn't overly keen on it, prefers to always start from sit.

dogcrazy

Experienced Member
Copper and Jinx are doing great!!! Susan Garrett has so much interesting agility and trick videos. :)Another reason why you should do tricks/train/agility with your dogs you can learn another language!:p Lol

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks Dogster, just got to get Ra Kismet to get his front paws up a bit higher from sit pretty right? Then straight down into drop??

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Looks like Jinx is getting it. When he goes back into the sit, I wouldn't give him the treat but wait for him to stand up again or lure him into the stand before giving him the treat. Then maybe slowly increase the amount of time he has to be in the stand before getting his treat.
Looking good though, keep up the good work!

Dogster

Honored Member
Thanks Dogster, just got to get Ra Kismet to get his front paws up a bit higher from sit pretty right? Then straight down into drop??
Shivon's beg always looked like that, paws up as high as possible, lol.:p
Yes, just teach Ra Kismet to put his paws all the way up, then straight into a down. It works well if you're really excited.:)

MaryK

Honored Member
Shivon's beg always looked like that, paws up as high as possible, lol.:p
Yes, just teach Ra Kismet to put his paws all the way up, then straight into a down. It works well if you're really excited.:)
Thank you Dogster.:) Ra Kismet's sit pretty is more with the paws bent, not high up. Will have to work on that and get really excited, LOL keeping fingers crossed he'll get those paws right up! He doesn't, as does Shivon, seem to naturally put his paws right up. Maybe it's his 'froggy sit', I have to correct that at times.