How Much Exercise?

mia113

Hi guys!

It's been months now since I was last on here and now Mia's almost 10 months old!
Due to her age and breed, I was just after some opinions on how much and what sorts of exercise I should be giving her?
She's absolutely crazy and will just keep going and going, I just don't want to push her at this age.

Thanks!

Nikki :)

running_dog

Honored Member
Nice to see you again!
I'm sorry I have no idea how much exercise Mia should be getting but I think you have to be careful of any significant jumping until dogs are fully grown (low bars are fine).
Are you giving Mia lots of brain exercise?
And please may we see some more photos of her now? :cool:

mia113

Nice to see you again!
I'm sorry I have no idea how much exercise Mia should be getting but I think you have to be careful of any significant jumping until dogs are fully grown (low bars are fine).
Are you giving Mia lots of brain exercise?
And please may we see some more photos of her now? :cool:
Mia is getting lots of brain exercise, i will put a trick video up soon as well as some photos! :D

MaryK

Honored Member
RD is right, no significant jumping until Mia is 12 months old. The five minutes per month is a good guideline. You could break that down into several 10 minute sessions per day, or one long sessions. It does depend a lot on her attention span. Leaf has always, from a 22 week old puppy when I got her, had awesome attention and focus, so I would work on low impact tricks with her like close left, close right, walk behind, walk in front, for a while then move onto the more energetic tricks, then cool down with more heel work.

Do you do warm up exercises? I always warm up Leaf before she starts working and also now my youngster Blossom. It does pay to do warm up stretches before any serious trick work.