Hello

tazman

I new here. I am from France so I say it now sorry about my spelling. I am hopefully getting a labri des Pyrénées or Berger des Pyrenees or Pyrenean Shepherds. What funny is I now live in the Pyrénées-Orientales area not far from he was frist used. I told thier make great dogs I have seen him I hope to get him in 8 days. I did find this and wanted to know what you hear on this guy :msniwonder: I also download this videos Leernberg Basic Dog Training D1 & D2 :msniwonder: I dont have a lot of money to work with here so if I can find free stuff I try it :msncool: Unless you know of something better Thank you for your time and any help. :msngrin:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Well there are lots of great lessons and videos in the classroom, and it only costs $3, it really isn't that much money when you consider the value you get.

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Hi there et Bonjour de l'Angleterre!

I am familiar with your region as I was at University in Pau for sometime as well as au pairing. The family I was with had a Labrit - a beautiful dog and just only last week I met a lady walking two Bergers Pyreneens in our local woods - I stopped for a long chat.

I go along with everything Snooks says - positive training is the way to go and there are hundreds of good websites with good guidance - as well as plenty of good books - however I am presuming you would prefer them in French.

Good luck with your puppy. Please post some photos.

Sue

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Have just checked out that Leerburg site myself and was horrified.

To counter puppy mouthing and biting he says - pick up your puppy by the cheeks and scold him staring at him for several seconds. If I sat and read anymore tripe on that site I would be ill:dogsad::dogangry::dogangry::dogangry:

Sue

tazman

Thank you for your help. Thank's all of you Jean, Snooks and jasperaliceuk!!! Your right $ 3 is not a lot of money but I have Euros not Dollars I have no credit card because I do not have enough money. I have money but for the most part cash only. I am French but not really I was born here but rised in the States so I speak English but as you no doubt will see I am speakking more French then I care to BUT I tell you I don't like it. I am any thing but French at the same time I here.

But about my dog I do not want to beat my dog I very much do like the reward training of dog and this is why I on the web looking ever were ever at Leerburg but I have not find his web site. I tryed but it do not work for me. I look again.
Thank you to all of you. You were all help but Snooks were are you from you have no flag next to your name. I guess I don't still trying to find my way though your site.

tazman

Thank you

Thank you for your help. Thank's all of you Jean, Snooks and jasperaliceuk!!! Your right $ 3 is not a lot of money but I have Euros not Dollars I have no credit card because I do not have enough money. I have money but for the most part cash only. I am French but not really I was born here but rised in the States so I speak English but as you no doubt will see I am speakking more French then I care to BUT I tell you I don't like it. I am any thing but French at the same time I here.

But about my dog I do not want to beat my dog I very much do like the reward training of dog and this is why I on the web looking ever were ever at Leerburg but I have not find his web site. I tryed but it do not work for me. I look again.
Thank you to all of you. You were all help but Snooks were are you from you have no flag next to your name. I guess I don't still trying to find my way though your site.

tazman

To Snooks
I finly read ever thing you said and check all your links I agree with you. I never believe humans were better then animals. More so if we beat and kill them for nothing. Here in France the French like to use a stick to the beat dogs to train thier say. I even be yell at for not useing a stick on dogs. The reward training is some thing no one knows of here. I may even be the frist.

You said that the dog training man yells at his dogs that not cool I do not know that because what I saw I like so he not going far with me.

Again thank you Snooks I see you make lots post help people I know that you are helpful as I guess most us are greatful THANK'S

snooks

Experienced Member
You're quite welcome Tazman. :dogtongue2: I'm just near Denver Colorado now but have spent a lot of time around Texas and New Orleans. I could not get the interactive map to post me. I'm in the meet our team forum. Two poofy Goldens and me. :doghappy:

I'm glad to help, as everyone here is. Please do ask if you have any questions. The library here has a lot of posts you'll find very helpful and fascinating. Every time I poke around there I find treasures.

I was being kind about Leerburg. Sometimes I wonder if some of these highly commercialized trainers get attention by being so controversial and provocative.

tazman

THANK'S SNOOKS FOR YOUR HELP To other Dog Tricks loves Snooks is ever were on this form. WOW!!! When dose Snooks SLEEP?