hello

storm22

Experienced Member
hi im new to this board my names penny,im from new zealand, i was just looking online for new tricks to teach my dog, his name is storm and hes a 5yr old blue heeler, im always looking for new tricks for him to do as he loves to learn and work, we do the usual agility, sit, down, shake with either hand, play dead, speak, roll over, crawl and some more but i would love to have some more for him hes a fast learner and is willing to do anything even rides a horse and have a see-saw with me basically if im doing it he wants to.

so i would love to learn what tricks yous do wit your dogs the hardest thing for storm is being away from me so im trying to teach him that if i tell him to wait he does till i come back (we started doing obedience but agility was more his style)

thanks see ya soon:dogtongue2:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Storm!

:welcome: to the website! It sounds like you have a very strong grasp on your training and tricks with your dog! :dogsmile:

The academy is pretty new so there is not a lot of tricks available in the classroom, only up to level 3 has been released. But I work very hard to release at least one new lesson each week, so keep on coming back to see if there is something new added to the website!

You could easily work on your distance by getting your dog to tap his nose on the wall, and then gradually step farther and farther away from the wall. I'm sure in agility you had to give your dog directions away from your dog, such as the gambles game.

Glad to have you onboard, hope you enjoy this website!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
It's when you have to do a few obstacles behind a line. Such as jump, tunnel, jump while you are away from the obstacles. You have to basically guide your dog using your voice alone, which can get pretty hard! :)

storm22

Experienced Member
he doesnt really have a problem working away from me in agility he runs to fast for me to keep up its mainly body movement not voice (if i turn he'll turn in the same direction but where he is),
the problem is his sit stays or down stays if i get out of view (which you do in obedience) he'll get up and look for me we tried having someone hold his leash there but as soon as they had him he would drag them too me he doesnt like having anyone else have control of him if im around (i might of trained that into him not sure) he's definatly a one person dog but in saying that if im not there he'll happily listen to someone else and do everything for them