Groomie Vacuum Attachment

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Today, I was just wasting time on youtube and stumbled on a video where a dog owner was vacuuming his husky. You can watch the video here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5aTGMP2ukk[/media]

Since this is shedding season for my husky (hair is literally falling off), I decided to give it a try! My husky really wasn't too pleased with me trying to vacuum her, she'd run away as soon as I came closer with the vacuum cleaner.

But with a little patience, and a bag full of yummy treats. I was able to get her sitting comfortably while I vacuumed her side. The vacuum works great! But it was missing something ... a brush to scrub the undercoat with.

So I googled up for an hour or so and found this product called the Groomie. It is supposed to hook up to your vacuum cleaner so that you can brush and then the vacuum sucks out all the hair away.

The last gamble I took with the Peticure turned out pretty good - so I decided today to order one myself. I hope that it fits my vacuum cleaner! I should receive the Groomie in two weeks or so ... I will let you guys know more as I receive the item.

You can find more information about the groomie at http://www.brushme.com/

Wish me luck! :dogsmile:

storm22

Experienced Member
lolz our pugs love getting groomed by the vacuum cleaner, they walk in front of me when im vacuming they get in the way so i give them a brush with it but ive never seen that attachment, might try see if i can get one

hockey390

I never thought of this... However, this summer I have just been having my dog lay down next to my shop vac and then using the furminator on her. I make sure to brush towards the shop vac, and all of the hair that I brush off goes right into it. Makes for really easy clean up =)

lotuslily

The Groomie! What a great idea!.. Makes me consider ordering one for Kiera too. Do let us know how well it work on Onyx! I've vacuumed Kiera before...and surprisingly she didn't mind! She seemed to be more curious as to what I was trying to do. It didn't work very well - since the undercoat was still embedded under all the guard hairs...but the added combination of a brush seems more practical. :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I actually got tired of waiting and brought her to this new pet bathing place. You should have seen all the fur coming off of my dog!!! I've groomed my dog a lot during the last few years, but this place has taken the most hair out of her that I've ever seen. They use a type of cleaner that cleans the skin and the undercoat loosens up in the process, then they blow it away using a blower and brushes.

I have taken before & after pictures so I will post them shortly. :)

Here is their advertisement: [ Here ] (There is a video too)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I did receive the Groomie Vacuum attachment last week and sadly I was not that impressed. It does what it says, which it does vacuum the hair 'off' the dog and 'off' the furniture, but it is not actually made for grooming. All of my dog's hair (especially her undercoat) was barely touched with the small brush included in the groomie.

As mentioned above, I did go to a new pet bathing place here in Burlington called Animazing, the pictures speak for themselves:

jeepdog

Thanks for the review. I too am looking for something like this but want something that acutally works.

kellypets

This attachmnet works wonders! I am really impressed that people have figured out how to make pet hair brushes. I am going to buy one for my pet hair vacuum hopefully it will continue to do great job.