Got Tangles??

Sameeee

Here is 2 must haves for grooming your long coated dog that gets tangles,
I Love Shih Tzu's but my Precious hates being groomed, expecially if there is any tangles, I talked to the groomer at petco she told me about these combs that cut through the tangle and makes them easy to comb out,
the small one you use a rocking thro the tangle
the larger one you pull back and forth thro the tangle
then comb out with no pulling or hurting
they have made grooming Precious so much easyer and will help me when teaching Rocky to be groomed
I got them at Petco

102_2223.JPG

sara

Staff member
I/we just brush my longhaired dogs every day, then clip them every 6-8 weeks (except in the winter) But I do all my own grooming and clipping, so it's alot easier (cheaper) for me than the average person :)

Honored Member
I brush Holly nearly everyday (she likes being brushed and it doesn't take long) and she has never had any tangles or knots, but that might be more due to the texture of her coat than the grooming, I would rather not let her get knot just to find out though.
And she doesn't need to get her hair cut.

Sameeee

Precious had a very thick undercoat and no matter how often I brush her there is still tangles, these tangle combs have made my life easyer.

Sameeee

a well groomed Shih Tzu is a very beautiful dog. most Shih Tzus you see are cut short like Precious because she hates being groomed,

101_2248.JPG

combs like these are going to help me have Rocky in his full coat like the one in this pic. it is going to take lots of work and training but will be worth it.

SHIH_TZU.jpg

rouen

Experienced Member
Me 3. :D
When I was growing up I had a toy poodle with loose curls. She'd get knots under her arms, behind her ears and on her belly unless she was kept short, brushing didn't help at all. Sometimes you have to sacrifice looking good(or being in breed type cuts) for being comfortable. O_o

Sameeee

that is true. but with combs like these it makes it easy to comb out the tangles before they get bad and uncomfortable