Getting Ready To Play Frisbee

MaryK

Honored Member
Just a suggestion, start with a trick which 'follows on' from what Jackson has already learned. That way he'll 'get it' quickly and be so chuffed he's ready to reach for even greater heights.:D Also have you considered 'free shaping'? Jackson may show you what he wants to learn next.:D

MaryK

Honored Member

MaryK

Honored Member
Something else I also do when I suffer 'brain fade' or 'trick overload' is chain together the tricks Ra Kismet already knows. eg. roll over into sit pretty into right up (standing on his hind legs). Or say your prayers, into sit pretty into right up spin.

LOL it gets my brain working again anyway:LOL: And stops him from getting bored, which he does if asked to repeat a trick more than three times:rolleyes:O_o

Evie

Experienced Member
OMG that's so cute!!!

Awesome work there! Wish I could teach that to Evie but she still won't hold an object in her mouth unless she's playing with it :rolleyes: But we're working on that. Slowly.

"Chaining" tricks together is what I've just started doing with Evie. I've been asking her to sit-up (sit-pretty, beg, what ever you want to call it) and then to show me her tongue while in that position. Same with bow and then showing me her tongue. It's very cute, will have to get it on video at some stage :p

Welcome to the forum too :p Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do :LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Evie, any suggestions as to how on earth I can get Ra Kismet to hold something in his mouth. As you know he won't even hold a stick, not even when Evie B so kindly offered to share her stick!:rolleyes: His soccer balls, wrecked or intact are, apart from food, the only things he'll put in his mouth!

Tâmara Vaz

Experienced Member
Thank you Tamara.:) I'll have a look around, see if I can find it, as it sure would be great.
Find it!Find it!:eek:
Took me some time, but I finally found it.;) It's not a regular tutorial kind vid, but the way he does on it works for hold.It's the way I could train Laika some time ago to do it.
---Reward much more than the guy on the vid:)