From the Land of Enchantment

blw30

Greetings All,
I have a service dog that I am attempting to train myself. He passed therapy dog evaluation so obviously knows basic obedience. I don't think he is sufficiently consistent with all behaviors all the time to do medical service yet. He's also incredibly friendly and I'm not sure that the two activities (medical service=focused on me exclusively and therapy=open to all interactions from others) aren't mutually exclusive. :msniwonder:

I'm still figuring out which disability-related things to teach. I'm hoping to find a forum for this topic. There's a good service dog academy near me, but they are expensive even for owner-trained dogs.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
HI! Welcome to the Dog Trick Academy! Wow, that's an awesome avatar you've got there!!! There is actually a service forums although not too many people talk in there. I know that some people on here have trained dogs for service so I am sure that if you seek around, you'll find someone that you might be able to contact personally via the Private Message option. :dogsmile:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I'm so jealous of your fancy icon..:msngiggle: WELCOME!! come for the service trainers, stay for the chit chat! bah ha ha!! There is stuff on this website for every dog...

Even service dogs may have an issue or two that this website can help you tweak...

I think i'd start your dog with learning: "Load the dishwasher"...but that is just me.

timmyreesrice

my chihuahua name is sparky

no trick learn? Tell me where is it... he was so playful he never grow big as other chihuahua about 10 or 4 or 5 inch

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Timmy, what is it you are asking? ?where the trick learning page is? Go to the "Lounge" sign up there, and click on that, and scroll down over all the choices---one is called "Tricks"...

blw30

tigerlily46514;18625 said:
I'm so jealous of your fancy icon..:msngiggle: WELCOME!! come for the service trainers, stay for the chit chat! bah ha ha!! There is stuff on this website for every dog...

Even service dogs may have an issue or two that this website can help you tweak...

I think i'd start your dog with learning: "Load the dishwasher"...but that is just me.
Too cute! I think I prefer doing the ironing.