Facebook Group

running_dog

Honored Member
DTA is already on facebook but as a page rather than a group, the page is not being used very much and certainly there doesn't look like there's an effort to drive traffic over here.

Dlilly and MaryK is it possible for you do you to take up the forum banner on there (I'm not sure how facebook works) and post linking back to the forum here, it would be awesome if you could, I mean could you post a photo and say there is more about your dog and it's tricks over on the forum? I'd join you in doing that once I've figured facebook out a bit more. Maybe we could choose one of the trick challenge video submissions to post over there each time? It would liven up the facebook page so it would be a win win if we could do that.

running_dog

Honored Member
What about each of us regulars taking the time to post one attention grabbing new thread in a different forum each week? Something controversial (like the alpha roll thread, or something in protection dog always stirs things up a bit) maybe something with lots of pictures, or something that encourages people to show off a bit, basically anything that our membership ghosts can't pass by.

running_dog

Honored Member
Dogster.com recently announced that they're closing down their forums so that shows that forums aren't really that popular anymore, and they had a good amount of members on there. That's why I suggested it, because this forum isn't as active as it was before and there isn't a sign of it getting active at the moment. I love this site, but I think something big needs to happen change on here, adding a FB group could be a small change.
Dlilly you are an absolute total star (y) , I don't like your idea :LOL: but that doesn't matter because you have put something into words that needed to be said. Maybe with a bit of concerted effort we might get this forum livened up again... and if we do it is thanks to you not being afraid to think about and suggest what might be done. Thank you Dlilly.

Dogster

Honored Member
I've kind of disappeared lately...oops!:oops: I think that since Facebook has a lot of specific groups (ex. raw feeding, trick training) people use those groups instead of the forums here. A Facebook group may help, but there is no way of knowing how popular the group would be. Also, some people may end up using the group as a forum instead of dta, which is the opposite of what we want. I think getting the dta Facebook page active again would help- getting more likes, as well as posting links to some interesting threads could be a start. Since the page already has 3,000 likes, it could be a more useful way to gain popularity than a new group. :)