Deaf Dog Photobooks (mouse And Scout Are In It!)

sara

Staff member
This is a project started through word of mouth, by a Photographer with a rescued deaf dog (BC cross) She decided to do a photobook about our deafies, and the joy they bring to our lives, that they dont need to be killed just because they're deaf. She came up here, from Philidelphia to photograph my 2 deaf dogs at the time (I now have 3) She is an amazing person, who's ambition is extremely admirable!

She did a book on rescued dogs too, called "Rescued in America" and she will be doing 2 new books every couple of years, she wants to do tripods, cancer survivors, rescued cats, blind dogs, Pit Bulls, etc. I believe blind dogs and Pit Bulls are next.

She travelled somewhere around 30 000 miles, through 33 (I think) states and 2 provinces... Scout and Mouse are the only Canadian dogs in either book. There are 78 deaf dogs in "Deaf Dogs"

I am very proud of my 2 girls (Scout was BRILLIANT!!!) I'd only had Mouse a week, so she was a tad goofy, and very difficult to photograph, due to her light sensitivity... but the pics are FAB!

www.thephotobooks.com
http://www.amazon.com/Deaf-Dogs-Photo-Book-Projects/dp/0984590307/ref=sr_1_24?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298351405&sr=1-24

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Mouse is quite possibly one of the cutest dogs on the planet, lol. ^^

Hats off to the author and all her projects. Going to have to start following her book progress now. :)

sara

Staff member
You have no idea how cute she really is
She is honestly the funniest dog ever too! She makes me laugh constantly! Boo, My new deaf Dachshund, is quite funny too, in a much more ummm understated way

She's a little monster, who only wants to have fun :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
What do you use instead of a clicker to train if your dog is deaf? I guess a touch or something visual?

sara

Staff member
Scout get's a thumbs-up as a visual marker. Mouse and Boo get a little LED click-light. Scout has an obsession with lights and reflections, so the light (which works better, as they can see it, even if they're not exactly looking) is not an option