Crazy Mad Dogs...

Anneke

Honored Member
Honestly, how crazy are my dogs...
The weather here is well below freezing. But still, when they find open water they will jump in:eek:
They won't go on to the ice and then jumo into deep water, don't worry;) And I won't let them of leash if I don't trust them to stay clear of the dangerous places.
Today we went for a walk in the woods and we walked beside this small stream that wasn't frozen. Jinx just jumped in and had great fun running back and forth through the shallow water.
We had to cut our walk short because the fur on her belly and legs was frozen.:rolleyes: And was she cold??? No way! She had the best time ever, just being a little anoyed with her frozen fur. But that didn't keep her from jumping straight back in, when I wasn't paying attention.
Cooper didn't go in this time, but he did yesterdag and his fur was making a tinkling sound when he walked!!
Fortunately both my dogs have a very, very thick undercoat, so the water doesn't touch their skin, but still! You would think they were smart enough not to go into water, when it freezes...
For the next week or so, I will try to steer clear of any water:rolleyes:
Cooper's frozen fur...

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
Hahaha you would think they know better, but nope Jenny my oldest at 11 still jumps in river/streams when its freezing. And whats worse is she just stands there in it waiting for me to throw something for her lol. I'm like get out of there Jenny.

Dogster

Honored Member
Crazy lil' doggies!!!;) My dog wouldn't jump in a stream, she would get TOO COLD. (she only has one coat of fur, no undercoat).